Speer hot core bullets for the 7-08

Waynard

Anybody have any experience with Speer 130gr. or 145gr. hot core bullets in the 7mm08 for deer or black bear?gun)

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. Elmer Keith

loaded 130 ht in my friends 15 inch encore handgun they worked great and shot great fueled by varget,the bullet doesn't fragment as bad as some others, very accurate with well made reloads .loaded them in a cousins a-bolt rifle and they overlapped at 100 yds. they are a Great bullet imho ,less experience with the 145 but rest assured their made the same. the above were 7mm08 chambered and took mature whitetail deer male and female,try e'm you'll like e'm,regards jjmp

another bullet ive used in the 280 and 7mag with great results. Its the go to bullet in the 280 i have right now as it shoots groups half the size of any other bullet in that gun
Anybody have any experience with Speer 130gr. or 145gr. hot core bullets in the 7mm08 for deer or black bear?gun)

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. Elmer Keith

I've been using a 7-08 REM mostly since 1985 and use Hotcor 120's have 4 boxes left since the stopped making them and 130's and 145's Have several boxes of each. And since I bought my rifle have taken roughly 60 whitetail big to small. Have never had one go more than 4 or 5 steps after being shot. Most DRT Yes I saw a diamond in the rough with these bullets and will continue using these bullets till I die. 67 years old. I look at it this way,
You don't fix, What's not broke..
Always great pass through shots and devastating results. Just my $.02. Worth.