speer 165gr btsp

Anyone try these things. According to speers website they have a bc of .520, which is excellant for a bullet that is packaged in a 100 count box for less then $30.

-Hardcorehunter5

Anyone try these things. According to speers website they have a bc of .520, which is excellant for a bullet that is packaged in a 100 count box for less then $30.

-Hardcorehunter5

my Speer manual shows .477 B/C, so we must be looking at different bullets. Still a .477 B/C is pretty good. Sounds like a typo error on Speer's website
gary

is that for the flat base or boat tail? When I was at home today, I should have looked at the manual. It gives a bc for the deep curl as .443 so maybe I should call them up.

-Hardcorehunter5

got the manual next to me the 165gr 30 Spitz BTSP has a listed BC of .520...that looks pretty sweet

Seems a little over rated> If you try to talk to Speer about it don't expect good results. I tried to talk to them about the .257 120 Deepcurl BC that sounds overrated too, they had no interest in
talking.

Well I wonder if they changed they jacket design, because my manual also stated .477. But even if that is the case its better then the Nosler ballistic tip Ive been using. So if accuracy proves good I may have to switch to that bullet. Its not everyday you find value and performance in the same package.

-Hardcorehunter5

Seems a little over rated> If you try to talk to Speer about it don't expect good results. I tried to talk to them about the .257 120 Deepcurl BC that sounds overrated too, they had no interest in
talking.

Good to know. I actually don'e shoot Speer bullets, just happened that the handbook came with my RCBS kit...I generally prefer hornady or Sierra

Well I wonder if they changed they jacket design, because my manual also stated .477. But even if that is the case its better then the Nosler ballistic tip Ive been using. So if accuracy proves good I may have to switch to that bullet. Its not everyday you find value and performance in the same package.

-Hardcorehunter5

I have some of the old Speer 165gr BTSP before they update manual #14 and changed BC from .477 to .520. I kind of figured it was a misprint if you have manual 14 on page 19 under Boat Tail Category they still list the 165gr BTSP with BC of .477 under and example they had.

Well I shot them today and they were awesome whatever the bc is. My best group ever. .465" three shots from 100 yards.

-Hardcorehunter5

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.