Speedy hammers

Rosebud

I had issues about two weeks ago with Barnes 120 TTTX , and talked the owner of the rifle into buying hammer bullets. He called the makers and purchased two boxes of 124 Hammer Hunter, s and two of 110s. In .264 for a Creedmoor. Worked up a load without to much fuss with the 124s . rifle is a kimber 84M 16 inch barrel with a break. The 124s shot 2725 into a very nice group. I had been playing with the 110s in my Christensen Mesa . I was using46.1 of STaBall 50 thousands off the lands. Shot pretty good at 3048 FPS. Thought I could get more but put it aside to work on the kimber and the 110s. Found the lands and set it 50 thousands off, good but not great. Went 60 thousands , bingo. Right at half inch with a twitchy little gun. Brought it home and fired it over the chronograph, I turned it off then back on. Same thing 3248 FPS, out of a 16 inch barrel. Shot4 more times to confirm. ES was 16 FPS. I was gobsmacked. No pressure signs, easy bolt lift. Any answers? Oh, same load as the mesa. 46.1 STaBall

Some more info. I know it will be asked. New nosler brass, CCI standard large rifle primers. Brass was annealed and neck sized with lee collet, then trimmed to 1.910. Bullet was seated to 2.582 OAL. It had a short throat.

You will have same problem we all have now. What to do with the cup and core bullets on shelf!
"If" it's bullets I use, I'll gladly buy them.
Lots of pieces in the system including the chronograph.

Validating all of this stuff has always been hard.
Agreed, regardless of load/rifle combination.