Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

The barrel is almost worthless and the stock not much more but all together that is a pretty desirable rifle. Should be worth $1000 as is all day long. I would sell it whole and go pure custom.

The barrel might get $100
The stock is a $200 piece.
Leaves you with an action for $700
Truing up your action is $250
The Stiller actions are a lot less than that and you get a lug and a rail still for less than you would have in the Remington.

It's the stainless fluted sendero barrel, right? Or is it the old blued finish heavy barrel?

If it's the stainless fluted model, I'd be interested in it for $100, and the stock @ $200, provided it's in good shape.

Shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can work out...

MR,

Yes, the SF stands for stainless fluted.

I'm thinking selling the entire rifle, to purchase a custom action for my build.

Thank you for your interest. I'll keep you in mind if I change mine.

MR,

Yes, the SF stands for stainless fluted.

I'm thinking selling the entire rifle, to purchase a custom action for my build.

Thank you for your interest. I'll keep you in mind if I change mine.
Yes, I'm aware, I have 2 of them (one since 2002), but I was only halfway paying attention when I wrote the last post, so I was confirming.

Let me know what you decide to do, as I am interested in the barrel, but mainly interested in the stock.

C'mon fellas,

There was nothing stopping you guys from posting.

The OPer has been awol since opening this thread 8 days ago.
He and the rest of the 7mm STW shooters in Maryland have this personal vendetta against me (still not quite sure why). It's ok though, I just enjoy watching them get ****y over me doing nothing wrong...It's quite entertaining.

He and the rest of the 7mm STW shooters in Maryland have this personal vendetta against me (still not quite sure why). It's ok though, I just enjoy watching them get ****y over me doing nothing wrong...It's quite entertaining.

Not to burst your bubble because you always think it's about you. I have nothing against you.

I just want to stick to the topic of the thread and not let it get sidetracked.

So why doncha get to posting? We were really upsetting the apple cart, weren't we?

Ya know, you 7mm stw guys are a trip. You have your own thread, but yer all over the map, expounding the virtues of the 7. Gets real old.

This thread will be dead as soon as all the cartridge dreams play out.

The barrel is almost worthless and the stock not much more but all together that is a pretty desirable rifle. Should be worth $1000 as is all day long. I would sell it whole and go pure custom.

The barrel might get $100
The stock is a $200 piece.
Leaves you with an action for $700
Truing up your action is $250
The Stiller actions are a lot less than that and you get a lug and a rail still for less than you would have in the Remington.

Hired Gun, thanx for the info. I looked at the Stillers, and their SS Predator Hunter seems to be about the only one suitable for my needs, as I need SS and the 700 footprint. Because of the round action, tho, I wouldn't be able to use the 700 picatinny. Not a big problem, tho'.

So why doncha get to posting? We were really upsetting the apple cart, weren't we?

Ya know, you 7mm stw guys are a trip. You have your own thread, but yer all over the map, expounding the virtues of the 7. Gets real old.

This thread will be dead as soon as all the cartridge dreams play out.

I gotta stand up for the 7mm STW...I've had mine for a long time, and she's been a solid shooter. Other than finding brass for it lately, I can't find any issues with the caliber.

What about it don't you care for? Sorry, I am not being difficult, just curious about your comments.

When I purchased my Sendero, I had the choice of the 7 STW, or the 300 WM. I chose the WM for the virtues everyone knows to be true.

Greater range of bullet sizes and choices, a proven performer, and an extremely accurate cartridge. I crunched the numbers, and realized that anything the 7 could do, the 300 could do better. The 7 might exhibit some better ballistics within a certain weight of bullets, but hey, that goes without saying. I load bullets from 110 grain Speer spire points at 1800 fps and 3600 fps, to 200 grain partitions. Soon, I'll up the ante to 240 grain Sierras when I get this heavy gun built.

The 7 is very close to the 300, but it has to operate in a smaller window. I chose the 300. The 7 is seductive, but for me, the 300 is a no-brainer.

BC? A couple clicks on the Nightforce will dispel any discrepancy the the 7 fans will spell out.

I have a 7RM that is a 1/4" tackdriver. Do I need a 7 STW? I have a 8 mauser, that with a 200 partition knocks their dick stiff out to 300. I'm building a better long tool, and the 7 RM is my walkaround accuracy machine.

There's nothing wrong with the STW, but I think it shines with the heavier bullets.

Thanks for asking.

When I purchased my Sendero, I had the choice of the 7 STW, or the 300 WM. I chose the WM for the virtues everyone knows to be true.

Greater range of bullet sizes and choices, a proven performer, and an extremely accurate cartridge. I crunched the numbers, and realized that anything the 7 could do, the 300 could do better. The 7 might exhibit some better ballistics within a certain weight of bullets, but hey, that goes without saying. I load bullets from 110 grain Speer spire points at 1800 fps and 3600 fps, to 200 grain partitions. Soon, I'll up the ante to 240 grain Sierras when I get this heavy gun built.

The 7 is very close to the 300, but it has to operate in a smaller window. I chose the 300. The 7 is seductive, but for me, the 300 is a no-brainer.

BC? A couple clicks on the Nightforce will dispel any discrepancy the the 7 fans will spell out.

I have a 7RM that is a 1/4" tackdriver. Do I need a 7 STW? I have a 8 mauser, that with a 200 partition knocks their dick stiff out to 300. I'm building a better long tool, and the 7 RM is my walkaround accuracy machine.

There's nothing wrong with the STW, but I think it shines with the heavier bullets.

Thanks for asking.
See, that's a well thought-out and explained and informative look into why we (7 guys vs .300 guys) have always been at each other as to who's caliber is better. I truly believe other than the heavier bullet weight advantage of the .300 WM, the 7mm STW is identical in abilities with the heavier bullets. STW with slight velocity advantage vs 300 WM with heavier bullets and more weight retention at distance. I think they both are excellent in their own right.

For the record I own .30 cal and larger rifles, as well, so I'm not completely biased towards the 7's, although being a whitetail hunter, 7mm is about the perfect sized caliber for them. I have three 7RM's right now, a 7mm-08, and a 7mm STW and a spare STW barrel to build another one. LOL I do love my .308, though. It's hard to beat a .308 Win for a target and range rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts