Special Ops 6.5 Creedmoor

.......My WAG is simply because of bias, lack of objectivity, and not having an open-mind........

The human animal has been using hyperbole, much longer than math and science. It's our default setting. A holdover from the days when the group was essential to survival, and loyalty to the group outweighed, any of the mistaken assumptions the group holds. .

Group think being is also much easier than an individual education, we learn early when our 4th grade teacher, contradicts our third grade teacher it's probably best to just let it go.

The human animal has been using hyperbole, much longer than math and science. It's our default setting. A holdover from the days when the group was essential to survival, and loyalty to the group outweighed, any of the mistaken assumptions the group holds. .

Group think being is also much easier than an individual education, we learn early when our 4th grade teacher, contradicts our third grade teacher it's probably best to just let it go.

I do not want to misconstrue your post but biases (of all types), objectivity, and open-mindedness are just some of the few challenges of high emphasis in my quest of continuing higher learning that we are constantly being reminded for consideration at all times. BTW, we all have it with varying levels and most of us are guilty of it, how we choose to acknowledge and employ it is another challenge - it's simply a reality whether we are willing to accept it or not. Cheers!

I was including myself, and probably said it poorly, but the bias's are what I was referring to.

An expression I like, and use, good marketing can overcome physics, and physiology. When advertising budgets exceed research budgets, and/or corporate reorganization is laying off engineers, and workers while retaining vice presidents you're likely seeing some of this being played out. Buy an office enough lunches, and they will likely use your product, or service over your competitors, and recommend you to others.

In the context of hating/loving one or the other, I have a .260, the reasons are painfully simple, 1) I found it before I found one of the others. 2) I lack the ability to prove one is superior to another for my limited needs. 3) A .308, or 7mm-08 would have served me as well.

I did chuckle a little as 2 concepts collided in my head, the Special Ops people receiving new equipment, and having read once about those folks going armed with whatever was common to the area so to minimize attention, or footprint.

The only thing harder than learning something is having to unlearn it.

Having followed you for awhile I'm guessing sitting here drinking coffee we would find ourselves on the same page-albeit different routes. The rest is likely my limited skills, in a limited medium.

I am somewhat amazed that they didn't go with the 260. For a machine gun? Seems the more tapered body and less tapered shoulder of the 260 might have been better for a machine gun.
That surprised me as well. I thought for sure they'd pick the 260. There must have been no issues with feeding while they were testing the CM.

The issue isn't the round. The issue is the dopes (not data of previous engagement ;)) at the range who were spewing rounds out of their $500 AR15 the week previous, and then the next week they buy a ruger RPR in 6.5 creed and then act like they are a trained sniper (and they tell you about it too). I think that's where all the hate for the creedmoore comes from. Not the round, but the weird tacticool guy following around it. Also, I'm not saying anyone on this thread or everyone who owns a creedmore is like that. Just my interactions at the range have been what I have described.

Also doesn't surprise me one bit that SOCOM bought the newest and coolest thing. Got to outpace the regular FORSCOM guys to stay ahead of the cool curve. The officers coming up with these plans and contracts are only chasing one thing...that OER bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.