Spartan Javelin Bipod Vs Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod

buster2765

I have narrowed my lightweight bipod search down to these two. The Pro Hunt is new so there are very few reviews. The Pro hunt is $75 more. Looking for input hopefully from someone who has used both. Or other options under 8oz. Thanks Darwin

You could try Prcisionoptics.net I believe. It's in BC, Canada but he usually has them in stock.
ive bought 3. ( reg, tall and pro ). To be honest the pro really isn't worth the extra cost IMO. Unless you're constantly needing to make adjustments. My javelins are set and forgot heights. I usually mount them on the cant and rotate side which deals with most shooting situations I'm in. Sorry can't take photos of the pro as it's at my sons place.

Attachments

• 8A81FF6C-87D9-4A48-BB08-A390B7A1CBAB.jpeg
    8A81FF6C-87D9-4A48-BB08-A390B7A1CBAB.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 119
  • D3B52774-0269-4031-9234-0072A1D9BE00.jpeg
    D3B52774-0269-4031-9234-0072A1D9BE00.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 75CE1FDD-1E2E-4A23-AC95-0574B845BCAA.jpeg
    75CE1FDD-1E2E-4A23-AC95-0574B845BCAA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
I believe you can order quite a few of the products through Amazon. Let me check with our team in England and see if I can get you a better answer. We're working quite hard to get distribution set up in the US, it's just amazing how many hoops you have to jump through though lol

I believe you can order quite a few of the products through Amazon. Let me check with our team in England and see if I can get you a better answer. We're working quite hard to get distribution set up in the US, it's just amazing how many hoops you have to jump through though lol
For me in Canada it will need to be bought in Europe or Canada. There are no Amazon vendors that ship to Canada. Obviously I can't cross the border to pick up as the US/Canadian boarder is closed.

I bought into the Javelin bipod system and also got the Sentinel tripod and now own neither. Not trying to bad mouth the brand or product in any way, but I felt like pursuit of space age materials and precision machining resulted in an overall product that lacked the basic functionality and durability I was looking for. The legs on both the bipod and the tripod did not have enough tension in the joints to stay deployed on their own, so moving them required two hands, and it was just frustrating and inconvenient when sitting or trying to work quickly. I also had problems with the telescoping connections on the legs, I had to re-glue the insert on the Javelin, and damaged the red bushing on the Sentinel under normal use. The tilt adjustment was also not as positive as I was looking for on the Javelin. The price for items themselves plus the adapters just added up, and I felt like in each instance there were better/lighter/smoother products already on the market. Weight is weight, whether you are carrying it on the rifle or in your pack, and I would rather have the bipod on the rifle ready to go.

Looks like they are working on their customer service by having reps in North America which is awesome, but at the time they did not and my emails went unanswered or I would get sporadic responses.

As far as alternatives, I have rotated back to Harris notch legged non-swivel bipods on in the field guns. They are about 10oz, indestructible, and you can buy four for the price of one Javelin. They are not as feature rich, but offer the straight thrash proof functionality I personally prefer with the way I abuse things.

Thankx for your help. That's actually moving further North, but a little more east (but still in British Columbia and on the opposite side of the country). As well I'm sure it's going to be more expensive both for the product and for shipping.
I'll look at other options. Please PM me if you have cheaper options.
thankx again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.