• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Spare some pistol primers.....

Correct. It's okay to use rifle primers in a pistol cartridge but not the other way around.

Has she checked with the class instructor? The instructor may sell ammo or know someone (past student) that would provide 100-200.

IMO, you are talking about your daughter and her gun. Every reloading manual states that you should not use rifle primers in lieu of pistol primers and vs versa. Ever wonder why they say that? The right ones will become available.

I live on thre east side of Atlanta so if you are out this way I could give you some primers. In regards to Goingdeep11 how can you ship primers? Do you have a license? I have some 25WSSM loaded cartridges that I will give away for free, but had some people wanting me to ship them. I thought it is illegal to ship loaded cartridges, powder, primers unless you have a license. If I can do it legally please let me know how and I would be glad to help out someone in need.

I live on thre east side of Atlanta so if you are out this way I could give you some primers. In regards to Goingdeep11 how can you ship primers? Do you have a license? I have some 25WSSM loaded cartridges that I will give away for free, but had some people wanting me to ship them. I thought it is illegal to ship loaded cartridges, powder, primers unless you have a license. If I can do it legally please let me know how and I would be glad to help out someone in need.
Ammo and primers/powder has to be shipped via UPS or FED-EX. There is a haz mat charge for the last two, but not for ammo.

Bruce. Fox/2/1 RVN

There are slight differences in the cup hight and thickness between rifle and pistol. Everything "Safety Wise" that I have read regarding switching rifle/pistol primers states "DON'T DO IT". I know shooters that have substituted using pistol primers for rifle in bolt guns and say that it is OK. Personnaly I would stick to what is recommended. Rifle for rifle and pistol for pistol. If it was the end of the world situation I probably would switch, but not when you could wait for the correct components.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will use pistol primers when I get some. I don't want to take the chance of something happening.

Has she checked with the class instructor? The instructor may sell ammo or know someone (past student) that would provide 100-200.

IMO, you are talking about your daughter and her gun. Every reloading manual states that you should not use rifle primers in lieu of pistol primers and vs versa. Ever wonder why they say that? The right ones will become available.
They only supply the ammo during the range test after the written part. With Covid-19 and such and with ammo and primer shortage they suggested to practice some prior. I guess they don't want to waste ammo.

An individual can ship loaded ammo with the proper label on the box.

AN INDIVIDUAL CAN'T and I stress CAN'T ship powder or primers. You can't get a HAZMAT. DO NOT ATTEMPT to ship powder or primers. Nancy will come looking for you.

If you make it to NC, I can help with some primers, but cant ship them.

Hey guys not trying get a 1000 or anything. My daughter turned 21 and I got her a 9mm for concealed carry for Christmas. Since ammo is very rare to find I was wondering if anyone would sell me sleeve of 100 or 200 small pistol primers. I reload rifles only but bought dies and stuff to load for her. She is going to a class in a couple weeks and wanted to practice some prior to the class. Can anyone help a dad out? I hate to ask or beg, but as anyone knows we do anything for our kids. I am located just south or the Birmingham, Alabama area if anyone is local.

Thanks,
Mike
Would be happy to give you 200 to get her started but i am like everyone else. to far central MO.