• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Southern Precision Rifles: 700 308 Win.

Dixie Rebel

I have the following rifle for sale. It was built by Greg Young, owner of Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes). Greg, who is one of the best gunsmiths in the country, and my neighbor, took the pictures of the rifle and posted them on his website.

SPR 308 Win rifle, Used

After having the rifle built I decided that I would prefer a lighter rifle for my deer hunting in Alabama. Thus my decision to sell it.

The rifle has only been to the range twice and has less than 50 rounds fired. Enough to see that it is an awesome shooter...like all of Greg's rifles! This rifle shot great with Hornady 168 A-Max and Barnes 150 TSXs. Both loads using Varget.

Rifle Specs:
Action: Remington 700 (trued)
Barrel: 24" Rock Creek (stainless) 11.27 twist
Contour: Remington Varmint
Stock: McMillan, Remington BDL, OD/black/tan swirl, wet sanded
Pillar and glass bedded
Finish: All metal Cerakoted by Karl Kampfeld
Timney Trigger
TPS Picatinny base
Pachmayr black 1" Decelerator recoil pad

Price: $2200 shipped to your FFL

Please send all question to me via pm.

Is rifle still available? Would like pics and group size also. Thanks

I'm currently awaiting payment on the rifle. If the deal falls through for some unknown reason I will send you a pm.

Pictures of the rifle, along with a couple targets can be seen on Southern Precision Rifles' website. Greg, owner of SPR, took the pictures and put them on his site.

Please be sure to send me any inquires-not SPR.

Thank you.