Southern Oregon outfitters

Mooseknuckles

Anybody have any experience with them? I bought a bear hunt a an action and didn't know much about them. Some of the pictures on there website show some nice bears being taken. The hunt I bought is a 4 day hunt with them.
Any help or info would be nice. Thanks guy.

Anybody have any experience with them? I bought a bear hunt a an action and didn't know much about them. Some of the pictures on there website show some nice bears being taken. The hunt I bought is a 4 day hunt with them.
Any help or info would be nice. Thanks guy.

Yeah I hunted with Tim about 7 or 8 years ago. I think he put a story on his website that I wrote on here if I remember right.

Mine was a fall hunt so I am not sure where he hunts in the spring but in the fall you will be driving logging roads and glassing timber cuts where the bears come out and eat berries etc. He knows his stuff and you will see bears. I wasn't really schooled on long range shooting at the time but it sure would have helped as the country is long range friendly. Lots of big canyons that you can shoot across.

I saw lots of bears in a very short time and took a nice boar. It was a blast and would do it again but I really don't need to as bears are thick in Oregon and have been taking them pretty regularly since then.

Bring good glass and your long range rig. It's fun and you picked a good outfitter. Good luck!

Awesome thanks for the info. The bear hunt I got is a fall bear hunt. My wife is going to be the shooter so it's time to build a good gun she can handle. Probably 7mm with 168 bergers.

Those are some very nice bears. I have the rifle she will be using almost done. Just waiting on some small stuff. Still need to call and set up a time to go down for the hunt. I am thinking the first part of September. She is really excited. It will be he first big game animal.

Oh wow, you haven't booked yet? You bought a hunt at a benefit recently? I would call him as soon as you can. I can tell you that he doesn't have a lot of bear dates in the Fall. He often guides other species from late August until the end of October.

I guess the Spring hunt is out of the question, as the deadline to purchase/apply has passed and the hunt begins tomorrow. That is the best hunt for hides in my opinion.

But the Fall hunt, early in the season (Aug. 1st) is stellar! With the warm winter/spring, the vegetation is at least a month ahead of itself right now. I personally wouldn't hunt very far into the Fall season. The hides might quickly be rubbed out and the berry crops burned up/died off.

Just my thoughts!

They hunt the Rifle Roosevelt hunts each year, and this year I think he told me they killed three bulls, one really good one, at very long range!

Those are some very nice bears. I have the rifle she will be using almost done. Just waiting on some small stuff. Still need to call and set up a time to go down for the hunt. I am thinking the first part of September. She is really excited. It will be he first big game animal.

But then again, the huckleberries will be early I bet, and that could make for a great late August hunt! The high elevation country holds so great bears once the berries are on. That could be early this year!

Either way, call and get it booked! Have fun!

Yeah I bought it recently. I think it was a week and a half ago. Just havnt had the time to sit down and give him a call. I know I need to get on it as I imagine they get booked up quick.
With the way this spring is I am hoping the berrys are good this fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.