Southern NM gunsmith recommendations??

Hey all,

Anybody have a gunsmith recommendation for southern New Mexico? I've relocated to Deming, outside of Las Cruces. I have a Ruger FTW Hawkeye in 7rem Mag that I think could do better with a good bedding job and either trigger work or replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Best gunsmith I know is in Albuquerque, NM. A bit far for you, but maybe you drop it off the next time you are up that way:
Charley Robertson
Score High Gunsmithing

He is meticulous in his work, has fair prices, and won't keep you waiting for too long. (Every good smith has a bit of a wait.)

Best gunsmith I know is in Albuquerque, NM. A bit far for you, but maybe you drop it off the next time you are up that way:
Charley Robertson
Score High Gunsmithing

He is meticulous in his work, has fair prices, and won't keep you waiting for too long. (Every good smith has a bit of a wait.)

Awesome, I'll chat with him, thank you.

Hey all,

Anybody have a gunsmith recommendation for southern New Mexico? I've relocated to Deming, outside of Las Cruces. I have a Ruger FTW Hawkeye in 7rem Mag that I think could do better with a good bedding job and either trigger work or replacement.

Thanks in advance!
Axtell Rifles in Las Cruces. 575 647 4937.
National champion in competition shooting and your rifle will leave his shop in deep sub-MOA territory. He is without a doubt your best route in Southern NM. There are several fine smiths in the area but his skill and knowledge set are beyond the rest. A visit and a conversation ( if possible) will be an enjoyable education.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.