South Texas Shooting Ranges Over #300 Yards

Mlutz

Where do yall shoot in south Texas over 300 yards? Closer to San Antonio the better.

Dietz range in New Braunfels off Hiway 46. We shoot high power matches there, slow fire prone is at 500 yards. F Class is shot at 500 yards as well.
Typically how busy is it? My biggest issue with ranges near me is they are so busy its hard to concentrate. There always seems to be a guy next to me mag dumping his AR.

Typically how busy is it? My biggest issue with ranges near me is they are so busy its hard to concentrate. There always seems to be a guy next to me mag dumping his AR.

CTSA, a silhouette organization shoots high power silhouette, rams are at 500 meters.

I only go to the Dietz range to shoot in matches, have no idea how they manage the 500 yard range, whether club matches only or not.

Try your hand in F-Class at 500. Don't worry about the competition, just shoot and learn. Bipod and rear bag for your hunting rig, you will have fun.

CTSA, a silhouette organization shoots high power silhouette, rams are at 500 meters.

I only go to the Dietz range to shoot in matches, have no idea how they manage the 500 yard range, whether club matches only or not.

Try your hand in F-Class at 500. Don't worry about the competition, just shoot and learn. Bipod and rear bag for your hunting rig, you will have fun.
I might just it a shot. I am currently putting together a rifle to shot some PRS matches this year but really just want get out and shot more.

Hello Sir,

The CTSA F-Class matches are open to the public on the Saturday before the first Sunday of the month . CTSA as a rule is a members only club range normally and you have to be a member or guest of a member during the week to shoot there. Hope that helps a little.

jaclthr

Hello Sir,

The CTSA F-Class matches are open to the public on the Saturday before the first Sunday of the month . CTSA as a rule is a members only club range normally and you have to be a member or guest of a member during the week to shoot there. Hope that helps a little.

jaclthr

Jack Leather, is that you?

Nez Rongero here

Hello Nez, Long Time no see. Hope you are doing GOOD. Best New Year to you.

Jack

High power matches at Camp Bullis in the 90s, the last time.

Happy New Year.

I heard a lot of good report on your gunsmithing business. Congratulations.

OP, apologies for the hijack. Jack would be a good contact for you about shooting at CTSA. He would be a good one to contact for your barreling job.

Recent Posts