South Fork CO Archery Elk?

ARCaveman

Anyone have any experience elk hunting around South Fork CO? A group of friend just decided to go for archery elk for 10 days. Plan is to go a couple days before the opener to scout. But I already have some other rifle hunts planned and I'd like some info before committing. How crowded is it during archery and if anyone has tips on finding the elk? I've hunted the northern part of the state but never this area. Thanks in advance for any info.

Depends on how many archery hunters didn't draw a license elsewhere in the state, may be crowded and may not be. The 5 units around my neck of the woods went to draw only for archery and may put some additional hunters in that area. Hunt high and be aware of the trophy unit (unit 76) boundaries, south of south fork is where there was a fire a few years ago, so it may be worth investigating. Also depends on water that time of year.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.