South Dakotans! Where you at?

Im in Huron. Not a big promotor of shooting game at long range but like any site this one can be used as a good tool. As far as ranges close Harris MN has a 1k and monthly IBS sanctioned shoots. Varmit Hunter in FT Pierre has monthly IBS 600 yard and gamboree. Grand Island Neb has IBS 600 yard also. I know they also shoot F class in North Dakota but have no details. Most all of these facilities have factory and AR classes now so you can come play and be competitive with your big game and varmit rifles. Aaron

I am in Chamberlain and just joined the site. I am just trying to get started into precision long range shooting. I am sick of trying to just do the holdover thing. Anything I can do to get more trigger time is great for me!

im here in rapid city. working my way up to long range. started customizing my rifle. i dont shoot any competition or at any organized shooting ranges. but i have found plenty of spots to shoot long range if your not afraid to walk a little bit, and you dont care about score just want to shoot. work too much to do it very often but let me know if you want to get out there.

Two days of 600 yard fun at varmit hunters this weekend. May 14-15 start shooting at 8 am register before. Factory, light and heavy classes. $15 to shoot one class $30 for all three I believe. bring what you have and come shoot.

Hi i'm Micah and i live in Rapid City. I'm in the Air Force, but i'm actually from Pierre. got lucky enough to get stationed at Ellsworth. i'm going to be buying a new setup when i get back from the desert in a few weeks. any good long range shooting areas out in the Rapid area?

Only one I know of is the Buffalo Chip at Sturgis. Max range is 600. Someone said that Cor-bon opened up a new range next to their place of business but I don't know how far you can shoot there. Still have to check that one out.

Are there anybody here who live in Rapid City that know of anybody (or yourself) who works at Scheel's, Cabela's, or any other gun store/shop that really knows their stuff about long range, hunting, and reloading, ballistics, and general stuff? i'd like to pick their brains in person cause i'm getting new gear this year and starting out in reloading and all that jazz

I'm from Rapid City. I have A long range area to shoot out by Caputa. Not the range out past Farmingdale either.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts