South Dakota hunt...

Man Sniper

Hello group, long time since my last post. I am on my way to South Dakota to do some Long Range white tail hunting. Hoping to get a 1000+ yards shot on 100,000 acres that the movie (Dancing With the wolves) was made, but I am told the snow might be a problem. I changed rifles since my last post. I was shooting the 300 Ultra Mag Rem 700, Savage 110 .338 win mag and the 270 Rem and something else that went boom. I upgraded to the Savage 110BA .338 LM then sold the 300 UM. The 110BA is an awesome rifle and I loved taking it to the range up in the mountain with the Vortex Viper PST 6 - 24 X 50 FFP to shoot orange 5 inch clay disks at a 1000 yards. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the rifle until I took it hunting twice and man let me tell you, this is not a weapon for the weak to be walking around all day with up and down the hills. Not only is it heavy but it will beat you up when you sling it. for that reason I bought the Savage 110 FCP .338 LM to hunt with then sold the Savage 110BA.

Well, I will fill you all in when I get back from South Dakota. So wish me skills and good weather.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts