South coast Blacktail

CodyH

Found this buck in the last few days of general season in Oregon. Glassed the same unit my wife shot her first buck in opening weekend, and spotted him at 510 yds facing me. My first shot i got a little excited and pulled a little hard on the trigger, hitting him in his left shoulder. He spun Broadside holding his back leg up at that point. My second shot i made sure was a good one and put it through both shoulders within an inch of where i was aiming and he was down for good. I used the exact same log for a rest as what she did a month earlier. was a tough season with the weather here. rifle was a Sendero .300 RUM shoting Barnes VORTX 180 gr, TTSX, i finally got it put together and shooting only 2 weeks earlier. The last pic is both of our Bucks from this season.

Attachments

• NCM_0022.jpg
    NCM_0022.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 90
  • NCM_0023.jpg
    NCM_0023.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 71
  • NCM_0037.jpg
    NCM_0037.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 85
German Wirehar, hes only 8 mos. old and got to be there for several kills this yr. 1 bear, 2 bucks and 3 different elk, plus a couple successful goose hunts as a few grouse and quail as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts