South Africa Hunting Report

Very good write up and so glad you and your Dad could have such a great trip and hunt. Must have been a blast with the rest of the gang there also. Lots of animals shot for sure. I may have missed it but did you give a total for the group? Not really necessary but curious. I wonder about your cull animals? Was that arranged before you went? I have seen a very reasonable cull only hunt for many, like 15 animals and thought it would be a great first hunt. That is one of my concerns with going to Africa. I can tell how big a deer is, how big an elk is and even a moose to a degree, but how big an eland is, don't have a clue. I know the PH is going to tell you when to shoot but I don't think the satisfaction is the same. Might be just me but my concern

Thanks again for your story on your hunt.

Very good write up and so glad you and your Dad could have such a great trip and hunt. Must have been a blast with the rest of the gang there also. Lots of animals shot for sure. I may have missed it but did you give a total for the group? Not really necessary but curious. I wonder about your cull animals? Was that arranged before you went? I have seen a very reasonable cull only hunt for many, like 15 animals and thought it would be a great first hunt. That is one of my concerns with going to Africa. I can tell how big a deer is, how big an elk is and even a moose to a degree, but how big an eland is, don't have a clue. I know the PH is going to tell you when to shoot but I don't think the satisfaction is the same. Might be just me but my concern

Thanks again for your story on your hunt.

Thanks. The whole group took about 35 animals total. Relying on your PH is a must. For example Wildebeest bulls & cows both have horns and can at times be difficult to tell the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.