source for muzzle brakes ?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by GPWEAPON, Jan 13, 2004.

1. GPWEAPON

GPWEAPON Member

Am looking for some brakes for rifle I can put on my self I'd like some info for Que Industries if any one has some. would be brakeing a 300 weatherby

2. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

harrell precision (search that term) has them for 30 bucks--cant beat that if you want to install yourself.

JB

3. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have probably tried just about every muzzle brake you can imagine and have found that two REALLY give you AWESOME performance. JP has a "tank style" brake they use and it is VERY hard to beat. Another source, and IMHO, the best brake I have ever used, is the Vais muzzle brake. I have Vais brakes on ALL my big bores and I have not found one (except for the JP) that even comes close. It's worth the hours drive to me just to take it to the guy in San Antonio to have the work done by him, but you CAN install yourself, as I have done in the past, if you have the patience and access to the proper tools. You can find him online at http://www.muzzlebrakes.com

The JP's require a little more work and fine tuning for a self-install, but they are ALMOST equal in performance.
    TH

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited by: Austin ]