source for large diameter reloading die blanks

yorke-1

Does any body have a source for large diameter (1 1/4" or 1 1/2") diameter reloading die blanks? I know a few places to get 7/8" diameter blanks, but looking for something a little bigger for the next project. I already have a die reamer, now I just need the blank.

With RCBS Building the Rock Chucker press with a 1 1/2 / 12 tpi insert in it. I would give them a call. They may have 1 1/2 die blanks in stock. Good Luck in your new project.

I know Newlon Precision made them that size at one time. Cant find them on their website right now. I believe they aren't as complete as the smaller ones. I would call them.

if you got access to a lathe, buy a couple bars ground finish 4150 or A2 and make your own. Have the 4150 steel plasma nitrided, and your good to go. The A2 will need to be hardened, and a light polish with some Scotch Brite. I've made A2 form dies, and they really work well. So if you got the reamer; then build your own.
gary

ptg has large blanks. call them their web site has been very slow and locking up lately

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts