Sorting Brass

Personally, I bring all my brass back from range, dump into a big box, and when I have enough dirty brass to load at least a couple hundred reloads, I de-prime, then tumble clean the whole box of brass. Then I re-size to fit my gun, trim and process as needed, and proceed to reload. I prefer to keep all my brass from the same headstamp, lot, etc., but I do sort by weight before first reload. My loads group within .3MOA, so I feel no need to check volume. Also, I never load overfull and/or compressed loads! The US factory standard is to maintain 85-90% powder fill of available case capacity! With the case only 90% filled, case capacity is pretty much a moot point! Why waste your time?

I'm not sure how anyone sorts by lot numbers, cases aren't id'd that way except on the box or bag they come in. Keeping those separated is up to the shooter/reloader.

I'm not sure how anyone sorts by lot numbers, cases aren't id'd that way except on the box or bag they come in. Keeping those separated is up to the shooter/reloader.
You're right. The only way I can keep it right is to buy enough new brass in-lot for each barrel in use. That is, enough up front for the life of a given barrel. I rarely need to replace brass. So it's real easy for me to estimate & manage this.

The last time I replaced brass was with Norma, where pockets opened on me. Will never used Norma again..