sort of optic question.. actually a base "?"

W

*WyoWhisper*

Ok... I have 2 SA rem 700's

I want to be able to switch the scope from one rifle to the other. The scope is currently mounted in Badger Ordinance rings. They are currently sitting in a nightforce 20 MOA base. The question is...

If I purchase another Nightforce 20 MOA base can I switch between the 2 bases with no problems???
confused.gif

seems to me they should be milled to very tight tollerances and this should be doable....

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

Ric

Yes you can do that without too much of a problem.

Being that the two rifles, I presume, are of different calibers, you will have to make the adjustment for your 100 yd zero when moving to the other rifle. This can be done in advance and writing done any adjustment needed when switching to rifle B from Rifle A.
The "A" rifle being dead on at 100 yards to start.
If the scopes click adjustments repeat each time, you should have no problem at all using the same scope, rings and bases on the two rifles if the tolerances are the "SAME" and that includes the action too.

Later
smile.gif

Wyo,
If the actions are the same you should be able to get away with a couple of two-piece bases - only concern is action to action variations. Hopefully the hole spacing is identical so that the cross-slots are uniformly separated. You want the cross-bolt or bar in the bottom of the ring to butt tightly in the front of each base recess to withstand recoil and to maintain uniform positioning of the base when you replace it.
We only use one-piece bases for this exact reason, and never have a concern about switching scopes from base to base.
The Badgers will fit to any cross-slot Weaver or Picatinny spec base. More money but this is why one-piece Badgers or Nears are so nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.