Sope Base?

Invicta39

I have just put a Badger Ord. scope and rings set on my 308 VLS and love it. I am also having a muzzle brake put on my 700 sendero 300 WM by BO, so I might actually use it now. I cannot afford another $300 for BO stuff on this gun, what would be a GOOD alternative for the 300WM ring and base set-up? I keep seeeing the Burris dovetail mentioned, any info?

Mountain Man

i'd say look at ferrell. about half the price of BO and still good quality. i have dual dovetails on my 300rum, and given the chance to buy over, i'd go with a ferrell one piece.

-brian

huntin1

if you like the Badger set up I would agree with mountain man, check into the Farrell base it can be had for under $50. For rings you can use the Burris Signature Zee rings or go the route I did and get a set of Tactical Precision Systems TSR-W rings, they are tough, come in either steel arounf $70 or aluminum $40. Here is their website: http://www.tacticalprecision.com/TSR%20W-Series.htm

I have a 20MOA Farrell base and the TSR-W rings on my .308, here is a pic:

Farrell bases and the TSR-W rings are available at Brownells for sure and maybe some other places too. Might be worth looking into if you prefer the tactical style setup.

huntin1

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.