Sope Base?

Invicta39

I have just put a Badger Ord. scope and rings set on my 308 VLS and love it. I am also having a muzzle brake put on my 700 sendero 300 WM by BO, so I might actually use it now. I cannot afford another $300 for BO stuff on this gun, what would be a GOOD alternative for the 300WM ring and base set-up? I keep seeeing the Burris dovetail mentioned, any info?

Mountain Man

i'd say look at ferrell. about half the price of BO and still good quality. i have dual dovetails on my 300rum, and given the chance to buy over, i'd go with a ferrell one piece.

-brian

huntin1

if you like the Badger set up I would agree with mountain man, check into the Farrell base it can be had for under $50. For rings you can use the Burris Signature Zee rings or go the route I did and get a set of Tactical Precision Systems TSR-W rings, they are tough, come in either steel arounf $70 or aluminum $40. Here is their website: http://www.tacticalprecision.com/TSR%20W-Series.htm

I have a 20MOA Farrell base and the TSR-W rings on my .308, here is a pic:
161184.jpg

Farrell bases and the TSR-W rings are available at Brownells for sure and maybe some other places too. Might be worth looking into if you prefer the tactical style setup.

huntin1