Sope Base?

Invicta39

I have just put a Badger Ord. scope and rings set on my 308 VLS and love it. I am also having a muzzle brake put on my 700 sendero 300 WM by BO, so I might actually use it now. I cannot afford another $300 for BO stuff on this gun, what would be a GOOD alternative for the 300WM ring and base set-up? I keep seeeing the Burris dovetail mentioned, any info?

i'd say look at ferrell. about half the price of BO and still good quality. i have dual dovetails on my 300rum, and given the chance to buy over, i'd go with a ferrell one piece.

-brian

if you like the Badger set up I would agree with mountain man, check into the Farrell base it can be had for under $50. For rings you can use the Burris Signature Zee rings or go the route I did and get a set of Tactical Precision Systems TSR-W rings, they are tough, come in either steel arounf $70 or aluminum $40. Here is their website: http://www.tacticalprecision.com/TSR%20W-Series.htm

I have a 20MOA Farrell base and the TSR-W rings on my .308, here is a pic:
161184.jpg

Farrell bases and the TSR-W rings are available at Brownells for sure and maybe some other places too. Might be worth looking into if you prefer the tactical style setup.

huntin1

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.