Sons first deer

After Covid screwing up our 2020 making it unable to hunt. We finally got my 9yr old in the blind with a gun. He endured over an hour and a half of buck fever waiting for a shot on this deer or another deer. There was a lot of shaking and even some tears but when he finally got a shot he made it happen. As a father I couldn't be more proud! I think he has the bug!

View attachment 316351View attachment 316352

I don't know much of a hunt, shooting off a feeder. Need to teach the boy to hunt!

@SealT5, ignore the negative comments. Great job for several reasons:
- Spending time with your son
- Teaching him how to HUNT!
- Teaching him to be patient
- Creating a memory that will last forever

And yes, you should be proud.

@HeadedWest there is no need for your negative comments.

Apparently you haven't learned how things work around here. Good thing there is an Ignore button!

I'll get right on it.

@SealT5, ignore the negative comments. Great job for several reasons:
- Spending time with your son
- Teaching him how to HUNT!
- Teaching him to be patient
- Creating a memory that will last forever

And yes, you should be proud.

@HeadedWest there is no need for your negative comments.

Apparently you haven't learned how things work around here. Good thing there is an Ignore button!
Why don't we just all stick our head's in the sand. That's how things work around here

After Covid screwing up our 2020 making it unable to hunt. We finally got my 9yr old in the blind with a gun. He endured over an hour and a half of buck fever waiting for a shot on this deer or another deer. There was a lot of shaking and even some tears but when he finally got a shot he made it happen. As a father I couldn't be more proud! I think he has the bug!

View attachment 316351View attachment 316352

Congratulations on a great buck!! I'm still waiting for the first picture of me with my son on his first deer.

His target buck didn't stick around long enough for him to get a shot Thanksgiving week, so we'll be back out there soon to try to get on him again. My son is 9 as well, and like everyone in Texas we hunt Senderos and feeders.

Although we didn't get him a buck, he did shoot a javelina and was all smiles. The memories are what it's all about.

Also, Headedwest is probably one of those that talks trash about hunting a feeder, but won't hesitate to sit on an alfalfa or corn field waiting for a deer. When the brush is so thick you can't see or walk through it at ground level, you either have to get high, which doesn't exist in most of Texas or hunt feeder or corn the roads to get them in the open.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I couldn't be more proud of him. For a 9 year old he has the patience to bass fish. Kill dove with a 4/10. And hop out of bed at 5 am to deer hunt. It's gonna take more than some keyboard jack wagon to ruffle my feathers.

I lost my father in august and mother in February. The best memories I have as a child was hunting and fishing with dad and my momma supporting us.

Yes we hunt for deer off feeders in Texas just like northerners hunt off bait piles. It's not a contest. I can't wait till I can take my kids on a New Mexico hunt glassing for elk and muleys. But for now we will have to try our best to teach life lessons from a blind! Lmao

And so you'll sleep at night buddy my boys are raised right. They do their chores without complaining. Treat the women in their life with respect. And most importantly they have manners. Something some of you have yet to learn!

Have a nice weekend gents! And thanks again for the comments. Very encouraging

Thanks for all the nice comments. I couldn't be more proud of him. For a 9 year old he has the patience to bass fish. Kill dove with a 4/10. And hop out of bed at 5 am to deer hunt. It's gonna take more than some keyboard jack wagon to ruffle my feathers.

I lost my father in august and mother in February. The best memories I have as a child was hunting and fishing with dad and my momma supporting us.

Yes we hunt for deer off feeders in Texas just like northerners hunt off bait piles. It's not a contest. I can't wait till I can take my kids on a New Mexico hunt glassing for elk and muleys. But for now we will have to try our best to teach life lessons from a blind! Lmao

And so you'll sleep at night buddy my boys are raised right. They do their chores without complaining. Treat the women in their life with respect. And most importantly they have manners. Something some of you have yet to learn!

Have a nice weekend gents! And thanks again for the comments. Very encouraging
Just keep doing what you are doing! The one nay sayer can do it his way with his kids!

I'm a blessed man. My wife and boys love hunting and fishing. Hoping our baby girl grows to love it too
You are truly BLESSED for your family to enjoy God's outdoors and be able to hunt and fish together!!!!
Awesome BUCK your son got. I am sure that he will remember that day forever as I am sure you will too.