Son's Buck

Wow, 7 years old. That's awesome. He'll never ever remember NOT hunting in his lifetime. Started my son shooting a bow literally around 2 years old. Little stick and string into hay bales. He killed his first deer with a bow at 9. Felt he was mature enough to handle it and he was. At 26 today, he's pretty much into a career in a big city and the last thing he finds time for is hunting. Sad, yes but I'm hopeful for every kid that starts so young will stay with it for life. Congrats on his 2nd buck. Great picture.
My son 28 and in the same situation. He got a new job. Went from Ft. Irwin Army base in Barstow Ca. To Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs so he's only 550 mi. from me instead of 1000 mi. Maybe he'll get up here some day again to hunt . He did in 2010 and 2012. Filled all his tags.
Brettman,
Getting 2 deer by age 7 is remarkable ! He's hooked for life now ! Congrats again to both of you. I hope you can share his harvest as part of Christmas dinner.
With turkey also of course ;)

My youngest got his second deer this year, missed getting one on his birthday like he did last year by a week. He was wanting to wait for something bigger than last year and ended up having to pass on a few different deer during previous sits rather than taking less than ideal shots so by the time this one showed he was ready to get it done. I'm pretty proud of the patience he showed this year and it's been a blast watching him ride the emotional rollercoaster that is deer hunting. Definitely not long range but 60 yards with only a window pad and he nailed it. Proud dad.
Congratulations on the memory that you have made with your son they will last a lifetime. And Congratulations to him on getting the deer

My son 28 and in the same situation. He got a new job. Went from Ft. Irwin Army base in Barstow Ca. To Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs so he's only 550 mi. from me instead of 1000 mi. Maybe he'll get up here some day again to hunt . He did in 2010 and 2012. Filled all his tags.
Brettman,
Getting 2 deer by age 7 is remarkable ! He's hooked for life now ! Congrats again to both of you. I hope you can share his harvest as part of Christmas dinner.
With turkey also of course ;)
I'm hoping also. Maybe he'll come around one day. He definitely loved it when he did it. Got into LR shooting at around 12 and loved it too. Just no room for it today I guess. 2021, Hoping. It's a great accomplishment for a father to educate his 7 year old son to success. It's a bond that will last forever.

I'm hoping also. Maybe he'll come around one day. He definitely loved it when he did it. Got into LR shooting at around 12 and loved it too. Just no room for it today I guess. 2021, Hoping. It's a great accomplishment for a father to educate his 7 year old son to success. It's a bond that will last forever.
He will. And that's for sure.

My dad brought my brother and me up with our years revolving around whatever was in season and I stayed with it until I was 25 or so. Didn't come back to the fold for about 6 or 7 years but can't imagine stepping away from it again. Y'all's boys will get that itch again one of these years when they feel that first cool morning in September.

My dad brought my brother and me up with our years revolving around whatever was in season and I stayed with it until I was 25 or so. Didn't come back to the fold for about 6 or 7 years but can't imagine stepping away from it again. Y'all's boys will get that itch again one of these years when they feel that first cool morning in September.
Your probably right about that. Were not getting any younger so hopefully it's in the next 5-10 years.

My youngest got his second deer this year, missed getting one on his birthday like he did last year by a week. He was wanting to wait for something bigger than last year and ended up having to pass on a few different deer during previous sits rather than taking less than ideal shots so by the time this one showed he was ready to get it done. I'm pretty proud of the patience he showed this year and it's been a blast watching him ride the emotional rollercoaster that is deer hunting. Definitely not long range but 60 yards with only a window pad and he nailed it. Proud dad.
congrats!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.