Songdog Fever -- Coyote Hunting By Allen Jones

ADMIN

Administrator
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Songdog Fever -- Coyote Hunting By Allen Jones. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

The author will have this thread automatically notify him of posts so that he can join the discussion. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Allen, I didn't know that you knew how to write! As soon as I get my project rifle built, I'll come up and visit. We can see about deaducating some yotes. gun)

Don't forget to put sun block on your bald little head...lol

Allen: I just dug up your article and really enjoyed it! I must have drank some of that water too! A few years back I shot a nice four-point buck and a five-point bull elk with relatively calm dispatch. But, when the first coyote came to the call, Coyote Fever about overtook me! We call coyotes all winter long but it takes them a little longer to prime-up here so we usually start hunting them in October. Thankfully, October is almost here. I'm worried about starting the DT's if I don't get out and call some coyotes! I also shoot a .204 when calling coyotes but I use Berger 35 grain bullets. My son usually has his .243AI along also for the occasional long shot. Anyway, thanks for the fine article. Hope you get a truck load of coyotes this "season"!

Tim

Tim....That sounds like a good combo. My son and i usually carry 2 different guns depending on the terrain. I am getting itchy to star killing the little devils, in fact i started a little early on one smarmy dog that had the timerity to think he was out of range here in my back yard. whacked him @ 460 with the 6x284. Good hunting! AJ

Allen,

I am hooked, but very undereducated regarding coyotes. I shot my first two off of a gut pile this year and now its all i think about. I would love to take a lesson or three from you if you are ever willing to share information. Please let me know either way.

Bill

I have been hunting coyotes for 45 years, I can tell you 2 things to make sure you do everytime. Watch the wind constantly, remember you are hunting dogs with the best nose there is, second stay concealed , stay in the shadows and always wear a face mask, it always amazes me on these predator programs how many of them do not conceal their face. WapitiMonarchlightbulb

not sure wether im in the right spot but im chasing some loads for 45031/4 NE using reloader 15 and vv560. Anyone with info would be most appreciated

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts