Something not right scope ...

Don't ever pay for items with PayPal friends and family, you give any and all buyer protection by doing that. Pay the 3% and you'll be covered if the seller doesn't come through. Run far away if that's the only payment they will accept.

Don't ever pay for items with PayPal friends and family, you give any and all buyer protection by doing that. Pay the 3% and you'll be covered if the seller doesn't come through. Run far away if that's the only payment they will accept.

Yep, that's another flag ... and I cancelled my PayPal account along time ago.

Yep, that's another flag ... and I cancelled my PayPal account along time ago.

What's the best way to do transactions? Aside from face to face

Nothing beats face-to-face interactions. Sadly, in forums like this, we rely heavily on trust and members' reputation. Most of us follow certain members and have established a virtual relationship of mutual understanding based on common worldviews and interactions. While the feedback sub-forum is not perfect, it helps us reduce the risk in our decision-making process. In short, like "the hunter" noted above, no offense but if the seller is one of those members that I closely follow, I would have jumped on the deal. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.