Something like an M65 jacket with armpit zippers

Technologist

Edit: I'm obviously in the wrong forum section...

I have a surplus British smock in their DPM pattern. It's really a lovely piece of clothing, but it's a bit cumbersome and hot for the warmer part of the year, and the camo pattern kind of stands out in some environments.

I'm looking for something like an M65 field jacket, but with armpit zippers, and with a more civilian aura. I've been having a lot of trouble finding a jacket like this online.

I was thinking perhaps somebody on these boards would know where I should look. There's obviously a lot of gear knowledge here and I'd love it if you could share.

Must have specs:
- polymer/cotton blend that either is impregnated or can be waxed for water resistance
- Armpit ventilation zippers
- No lining, or a liner that can be removed
- Not green, black or in a camo pattern
- Not made in Communist China

Preferable bonus specs:
- Large buttons on pockets
- Looks sharp
- No hood, removable hood or stow-away hood, M65 style

Here's a link to the British "windproof smock" I have. Mine is in woodland camo. It's great, but not really made for warm days. It lacks armpit zippers.

Here's a link to a "German" copy of the M-65, which I suspect is actually made in Communist China. It also lacks armpit ventilation.

Last edited:
So I found these.

Beautiful, lots of different camouflage patterns. Decent price. They're not really "sharp looking" for civvie use, but a tan, grey or blue one wouldn't stand out too badly as a military garment. They're also missing the armpit zippers, but they're made in the UK.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.