Some threads tick me off !

Really bad snowstorm dropped 24" and it was a struggle to get to a twin oak than overlooks small stream ravine. Cleared nice cozy spot up against the twins. Froze all afternoon in high winds temp about 8 don't care what WC was. Left right at last light. Next morning, winds died down and temp climbed up into mid 20's. I got to the twin oaks before daybreak and busted 2 deer bedded down in my cozy spot up against twins. They were literally snuggled down in my sit. I was wondering they were coming back to snuggle?

He's Baaaack.
1659795927965.png

I ran this 10 out while walking in on opening morning 2010 (ignore the date stamp). He literally walked right by my blind as I was walking in. I never had a clue he was around. I pulled my card on the way out. Needless to say, I was beside myself when I saw what I had bumped out. I had several more pics of him over the next couple of years but never got a shot. There are 5 hunters that control about 2200ac of creek with very limited access. My property sits in the middle and I was the only one that ever had pics.

Attachments

• 261a.jpg
    261a.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 265a.jpg
    265a.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 40
  • 264a.jpg
    264a.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 38
I ran this 10 out while walking in on opening morning 2010 (ignore the date stamp). He literally walked right by my blind as I was walking in. I never had a clue he was around. I pulled my card on the way out. Needless to say, I was beside myself when I saw what I had bumped out. I had several more pics of him over the next couple of years but never got a shot. There are 5 hunters that control about 2200ac of creek with very limited access. My property sits in the middle and I was the only one that ever had pics.
Now THATS a post to get mad about.

That deer showed up 12-15 yds in front of my stand at 7:05 am the day before opening day.

I was trying to be funny.
I saw this buck 12 hrs before rifle opening day 2021 in a canyon only not to see him again for 4 days 2 miles away in an open pasture that I didn't have permission to hunt on.

Attachments

• Big boy.jpg
    Big boy.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 50
Public land, I had two stands set up. I sat spot 1 he was at spot 2… I was in spot 1 (500 yards away max) when he rolled through spot 2.

He was killed that day … by someone else in another area

View attachment 388704
Haunts me some nights
I hate to laugh at a thread about things that pizz you off, but DANG!

Life and hunting is funny that way, Internet forums are……..internet forums.

I had dozens of pics of this big boy. My neighbor got him about 400yds from the property line. He was 173 gross and 158 net and was the #8 deer in GA that year.

We are in lower SEGA and aren't supposed to have deer like these.

Attachments

• IMG00060-20101201-0928[1].jpg
    IMG00060-20101201-0928[1].jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 180.JPG
    180.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 42
I had dozens of pics of this big boy. My neighbor got him about 400yds from the property line. He was 173 gross and 158 net and was the #8 deer in GA that year.

We are in lower SEGA and aren't supposed to have deer like these.
That's a Whitetail. There should be a law against shooting him off a road.

Recent Posts