Some Striker pics....

Dan B

Since the Strikers have been mentioned earlier...thought I'd post a few pics of my guns.

First pic of of the Super Striker. It started life as a .223 Rem but I swapped the bolt head and added a Shilen 17" heavy tube chambered in 7mm-08. I took this deer at 270yds with a 154gr SST.
270yd%20deer.JPG

This pic is of the three together. Top is the 22-250...started life as a 22-250 but I added a factory varmint weight barrel that was chopped to 15". Optics are Burris 3-12x32 w/ fine plex and tgt turrets. Middle is the 7mm-08 w/ 7X Burris (fine plex and tgt turrets). Bottom is the newest...plain jane 7mm-08 Striker (just bought it used) w/ a Tasco Pro Point installed.

MVC-053S_1.JPG

Last pic is of the boring 7-08 Striker in its current form. Rebarreled and swapped bolt head to a 270x243 WSSM wildcat. Bbl length is 15" and is a Douglas. I've shot this tube before on another action and it did very well. 140's will go around 2600-2700fps. Optics are again Burris 3-12x32 but it just has the regular knobs and heavy reticle...hopefully that will change at income tax time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
MVC-060S.JPG

Dan, nice looking rigs. I have followed your 7mm WSM conversion pretty close. What powder and primer are you using ?
I will soon have another WSM in a 7mm and would like some info from you as far as velocity and such. thanks ahead of time and again NICE RIGS!!!!
hshunter
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Winmagman....not really sure what the Shilen tube'd gun weighs in at...never really checked.

Hshunter...the 7mm-270WSM in an XP-100. My two loads are both using H4831SC and Fed 215's. Load #1 is a 162gr A-MAx at 2825fps. Load #2 is a 160gr NAB at a little over 2700fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.