Some Stiller Predator questions

youngtrout

Well, while I'm waiting on my Stiller action, I may as well get the rest of the parts in order.
for specs- going to be a left handed short action predator repeater, 7saum.

My question is the trigger type, going with a Jewell. From pics it looks like there is a bolt release on the side of the action. For those who have one, am I looking to order the jewell with a bottom bolt release?

Second, so its going to be a 7saum, figure I'll go with the Wyatt magazines, Ron told me they are cut for the extended mag box, I'll call in my order for the box, sure they will set me up with the right one,,,,,anyone have a short mag stiller? Did you have any feed issues??

Thanks for any tips, something to do while I wait for delivery

I am using a single shot Stiller Predator with a Rifle Basix trigger and it does indeed have a side mounted bolt release.
You wont be able to use the bottom bolt release because there are no slots machined in the action for this type of bolt release to fit.

Ian.

The Jewel you want is no bolt release.
I use the Hunter Varmint Rifle w/Top Right Safety only, No Bolt Release
Model: HVRTS-A on my Stiller actions.

Thanks guys, now that I see jewell is making one with a left safety I figured it was time to give a jewell a try, I have a few rifle basix triggers, but no jewells

Don't try the Jewell!! Unless you want to be spoiled by it.:D
I've got a LH safety Jewell on my LH Stiller Predator and love it. It came factory preset at 1 lb pull with basically zero creep or travel and I felt no need to make any adjustments to it. After shooting it, my tuned factory 700 triggers leave me wondering if the safety is still on while waiting for the rifle to go off.

I have a jewel on my stiller stw and it is incredible! You actually begin to shoot better which I didn't understand until i got one. The trigger makes a huge difference.

Thanks guys! Jewell it is, and good news too. My action should be making it to the barrel wrench this week or next so getting closer.

Won't know for sure, but general weight I'm shooting for is 10-10.5. I'm going with a fluted number 6 at 26 inches. From calculations, should hit my mark. Might actually go 25, I know, splitting hairs here.

My other big investment will be getting set up for tighter reloading techniques. In the past I've used rem brass mainly, and lapua when I can, sometimes Norma.

The 7saum kind of stinks for brass availability, but from reading the rem brass is decent, but going to set up to turn necks, something I have not done in the past, and also be more diligent about weighing components.

I've also just used RCBS neck sizers, but may also look into the bushing type. Again, don't know real payback here, need to research that one some more

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts