Some of my bigger bucks

115vld

Guys Im new to the sight. Just thought I would put up some of my kills. Keep in mind my family has a high game deer ranch. The first pic is of a low fence buck I shot at 448. Everything else is high fence.

Chase

Chase_Spring_Creek_10_Pt_Thanksgiv_.jpg

He scored 164 Gross
Chase_Spring_Creek_10_pt_up_close1.jpg

Here is a high fence buck I got with my bow. Scores 173 and weighs 281 lbs.
CrabClaw.jpg

Here is a 213" monster ten point!!!! He was 27" wide this year!
cowboyhuge.jpg

I'll have to admit, those look like nice deer. Good for you. However, I think you could do a little better with the photos. Take a look at some other photos where you don't see tongues hanging out, and bloody shoulders with dogs licking them. I think we should respect the animals that we harvest and show them in their best light.

No hard feelings, I just think we owe it to ourselves to do this.

Moman:

Trophy photo section might have a little blood in it. Should try a different forum if you didn't want to see any. No hard feelings tho.:confused:

I am tired of whiners and the puzzy footin' around for political correctness.
People, this is a hunting site and all of us may or may not be professional photographers, grammar experts, dress appropriately, all the other bs that we are getting fed from the so called "people in their right mind". If we are going to be told how to do this or how to do that, where did our individual freedoms go as well as putting our foot down for the right things? I just cannot believe what is happening around us in some of those arena's.

He is decent enough to share some photo's and one of the first responses is that one pic is set up bad. He did show the deer respect, most likely with a clean kill. So unless there is a rule against posting pics of animals with a little blood on them, he offered to share them with us, in return for being critiqued on his photography prowess. Crap on that.

115- Nice deer you have down there.

1kstr

i have been told i shouldnt have taken some of the pics i have either but i guess everyone has an opinion. here is a pic i have been told i should have deleted.
gun)

guess i need to learn how to post pics..........anyone out there willing to help me?

1KSTR, thank you for clearing that up for me. A dead deer is a dead deer, not a freakin person about to get burried. I did do him respect with a neck shot that dropped him at 448 yards. He does look much more respectable now, on my wall! If you dont like my photos, just turn the page and save yourself some energy by keeping your PC comment to yourself. No offense!;)

As for the rifle, it is a Weatherby MK5 left hand, Lilja #7 3 groove in 257 Weatherby, Micky A5, Leupold MK4 6.5-20x50 w/BDC. I shoot 115gr Berger VLD's at 3315fps. I have since painted it completely as this buck was shot 2 days after it was built and broken in.

How many acres under high fence? Those are some giants for sure, especially the last one. Do you ever find sheds off of any of those bucks? What are you feeding them to get that kind of body weight? Is the ranch close to where you live or is it in South Texas? Thanks

Last edited:
JC, so it took me a little over a year to get back to you, so sue me!!

We plant Iron clay peas, cow peas, arrow leaf clover, austrian winter peas, and winter oats. They get record rack year round and we only corn durring season so they come out and play for us.

The last pic of the wide 10, we have every shed he ever dropped..also have every shed from his daddy. 12 yrs worth to be exact.

Those are some superb whitetail bucks!!!
Congratulations.
I wish my family had a high fence deer ranch:D:D:D
Keep up the good work, and post these years buck when you get him.

youve done a good job of taking care of your land and habitat, a deserve the deer you have , most people dont know how much hard work it to have deer this nice , good for you and your family, i wish you more good luck in the future. p.s. take of the land and it will take care of you for many years.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.