Some more of the know-it-alls

Boyd Heaton

All I can say is, I agree with Jack O'Connor on this one.

Quite honestly, there's more pure BS written about long-range shooting than any other hunting-related subject. Lots of pilgrims take a very heady, romantic view of long-range shots at big game, yet under real-world hunting conditions, few can execute such shots with the required skill and precision, and many outright lie about long shots in the first place.

To me, shots at ultra-long range shots are a last resort that most of the time should not be attempted...

Allen
Whats this world coming to
confused.gif

Boyd are you digging up a rock garden
confused.gif
, it seems to me lately you have been finding all the people that crawl out from under a rock
grin.gif
wink.gif

Boyd, is this the response you got from somebody over at HA. I have been loosely following the tread on the 2000 yard Elk shot.

My father told when I was young that there is no point in arguing with somebody that has absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

We need to face some facts. Out of all the gun owners and hunters in the U.S. you have about 1 hundreth of 1 percent that actually know how to shoot.

I know that in my game which is X-Course there are currently approx. 3000 Highmasters give or take a few hundred and 3000 to 4000 Masters give or take, with about 15,000 Experts if I remember correctly. As you can see thats not many!

Now, you are a long range benchrester and hunter correct? How many guys do what you do? Not very many, and as a matter fact you probably know all of them!

I guess my point is, why waste your breath on people who just don't get it and never will. They read magazines instead of working on their shooting skills.

The world is full of know it alls who know nothing!

I for one, come here to get away from that crap. Hope it don't start to creep in here as it seems to have been lately.
frown.gif

Keep it where it belongs, and it ain't freakin here. Why Len started this site, if I remeber right.
rolleyes.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.