Some guy is using my handle

AZShooter

I began using my AZShooter handle around 20 years ago on 24 hr campfire then in 2005 here. Some guy has 18 posts here using AZ-Shooter. I PM'ed him and asked him to use some other handle as it will most likely cause confusion. Is there any recourse when someone uses (essentially) your handle?

Ross Leggett

What kind of confusion are you concerned about exactly? Are you a business or doing business transactions? Your moniker is extremely vague - doesn't contain your name, etc.

My main concern would be about business transactions and someone possibly getting mixed up about the likeness of the two handles.

How? Both have 0 trade histories here.

Should I stop anyone that registers as Chris1? Or Chris2?

Hi Chris:

I have some done business transactions, 10 this year, and I have added years of contributions here. Just thought it was weird that this happened. Did Pm him and he said he would only be on the classified sites in future.

Hi Chris:

I have some done business transactions, 10 this year, and I have added years of contributions here. Just thought it was weird that this happened. Did Pm him and he said he would only be on the classified sites in future.
He is welcome on all parts of the site, not just the classifieds.

I began using my AZShooter handle around 20 years ago on 24 hr campfire then in 2005 here. Some guy has 18 posts here using AZ-Shooter. I PM'ed him and asked him to use some other handle as it will most likely cause confusion. Is there any recourse when someone uses (essentially) your handle?

Ross Leggett
I hope the guy conducts business honorably and is not hostile in his posts.

you would hope that when you register a user name and it comes up as taken that they would have more imagination than that. hope there is no confusion in the future

I agree with Chris not sure how many members are here but I am sure it's extremely hard to get everyone a completely unique name. Nice thing is with the site is there is always a record of conversations or transactions to clear up any confusion and moderators to help along the way. Good luck and don't sweat the small stuff.