Some Crows

Buffalobob

It keeps snowing and the back roads stay bad so it is hard to get after the squirrels. But when there is nothing else to do, one can go and bother the crows.

Left home abut 6:15 and was back about 10:00, Two hours of standing in the snow shooting crows

crows2010.jpg

Man you trip me out eating crow voluntarily. I shoot them off my range, but leave them as coyote/bobcat bait. (I no longer leave them as buzzard bait, don't ask why) I hate that freaking incessant caw caw caw.

BB,

that looks sweet!! That looks a lot like a German oriented meal... Can't quite tell what lager that is, but those "noodle" things look exactly like "noeckel" a German food my mom cooks a lot.
Just has dinner, but now I'm hungry again!

-Oliver

BB - tell us a bit about the magic you have to be able to shoot that many crows in such a short time.

I've shot at a few crows with a rifle. The remaining crows just bug-out and don't come back for quite a while.

I am pass shooting. They are on the way from their roost to fields to feed. They always travel the same route. They have already stopped off at a few places and by the time they reach me are broken into flocks of 5 to 25. I will use #4s because they are high up. Depending upon my mood and weather etc I will shoot them three or four times between Dec and end of season in March.

I am going to dig out today. The problem is that the temperatures are not going to go up very much so it looks like the snow will be around for a couple of weeks. That is going to be really bad on the wildlife who are not used to foraging in deep snow.

We got somewhere on the order of 56 to 80 inches of snow.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.