Solo backpackers ???

KSB209

Yeah my wife and my dad tell me all the time it's not safe to go out by myself but with my schedule I don't always have a hunting partner so I go by myself. Usually I make it back to my truck and sleep inside or in the bed of the truck. How many of you go on backpack trips by yourself?
I sort of find it peaceful by myself in the woods even if it isn't "safe" but that's me. Some might find it boring but one thing I like is watching the sunrise and sun set over the mountains

I love hunting with the kids (all adults now) and friends but my solo back pack hunts are the highlight of my year. I don't agree that it's not safe, but the fact that it's not AS safe is part of the excitement. It causes you to think things out a little more. Watch what your doing a little closer. Life is no longer dangerous and I think solo hunts especially from a backpack out for multiples days helps satisfy my inner cave man.

I do solo back pack hunts all the time. I make sure my friends know where I will be and I don't stray from that area. I take great care with literally every step. I broken ankle is not a good thing in the backcountry. I also use EXTREME caution when using a knife to gut and bone out any game. A knife wound would definitely be worse than a broken ankle...

I won't trade the solo adventures I've had, for anything. EXTREME CAUTION is the key phrase as well as don't get yourself too deep in any situation, which requires more awareness. I am not a natural at directions so knowing where I am is critical also.

To be completely honest going solo into a back country situation is kinda sketchy. That being said I go out solo and don't plan to stop now. Be prepared, slow down, think about what you're doing, and have fun. My quiet alone time in the woods is always precious. Getting back home is as well. This was my view for the evening.

Attachments

• 20201016_161448.jpg
    20201016_161448.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 520