Solid copper bullet question

I didn't see where it says it is bullet-proof.

Are you referring to the blinker system? If yes, then as I've stated before, reading is fundamental. But as most of us know, nothing is really 'bullet-proof' including steel or Cams.

Check your PM.

You that shoot solid copper bullets do you have problems seeing your hits on steel at longer yardages because of no lead splash never shot any and was just wondering. David
Might consider hanging a steel plate( diameter/ yardage) you wish to shoot to validate accuracy and you will be able to see your hits through target movement.. Example: 1000 yards + 5.0" plate = 0.5 Moa. The problem is the target can only serve best when the ground around it helps locate misses to adjust POA. Yes, not very scientific, but quite effective, simple and cheap. Just a thought. Good luck.

I wish I could take credit for that video but that's not me. I am however waiting on parts to build my own

Don't forget the FCC requirement!
Okay, so 200MW got him to 4K. In that case 25MW would probably get past 500.

What I have done though is set up a cel phone hidden near the target positioned to look at the target, make a Facebook call to it with another phone, and then drive back to my shooting position. Of course it only works if there's decent cel reception and you'd want to have unlimited data plan.

Another fun thing to do is to take 2 readings of velocity, one at 20' and one out near a target X yards away. You can do it with a Magnetospeed on the barrel and a standard Chrony at the target. Or if you don't have a MS , just take samples up close and then move the Chrony downrange. My experience is that the expected velocity drop is very close to what is predicted (even just using the Nikon Spot On app). I've only done that out to 300 yards because obviously an off shot destroy the chrony if hit but it's a fun experiment.

was this filmed in the Cali. Desert?
Off topic but...
Does not look like the desert in Calif. I grew up shooting (bullets and film) out there. Milk jugs, jack rabbits on the run with bolt actions, sunrises and sunsets, whatever. In fact a popular shooting area was where Magic Mountain now stands. Calif. was great when there was 1/2 the number of people than now and the Left didn't control everything.
Ecologically it's still hard to beat.

Funny, the condors weren't dying of led poisoning back then, that we knew of anyway, and there was probably more hunting going on. Now it's copper bullets only for hunting, and their numbers are not increasing due to the led ammo ban.

Off topic but...
Does not look like the desert in Calif. I grew up shooting (bullets and film) out there. Milk jugs, jack rabbits on the run with bolt actions, sunrises and sunsets, whatever. In fact a popular shooting area was where Magic Mountain now stands. Calif. was great when there was 1/2 the number of people than now and the Left didn't control everything.
Ecologically it's still hard to beat.

Funny, the condors weren't dying of led poisoning back then, that we knew of anyway, and there was probably more hunting going on. Now it's copper bullets only for hunting, and their numbers are not increasing due to the led ammo ban.
it looks like the Barstow area or maybe further out towards Amboy. I lived in So Cal 35 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts