• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ***sold***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WTS - New/Unfired 7WSM Custom Rifle on Surgeon action, Broughton barrel

Did you send him the parts to build it or did he provide the parts?

He provided all the parts just as I specified, however, it did take a loooooong, loooooong time to get it.

Did you send him the parts to build it or did he provide the parts?

I sent him my credit card for 2000 as a down payment 363 days ago... In November I asked him for a status and he got an attitude with me telling me I need to have patience.... Can you believe it!!?!???

I can believe it. I ordered this gun in July 2008! Picked it up from my FFL dealer early this week. Had to send a prepaid shipping label to get it, but had already paid for the shipping once before as part of the total.

WOW!!!! That sucks!!!! !But better than what some of us are facing!!!!!! Lucky you!!!!

Did Chris quit doing good work or just have bad business practices? I've yet to hear anything negative about his work whether it be day 1 or the last day he was in business.

I guess you are asking me, honestly don't know since I haven't shot this gun, it is the only one I have from this builder. From all appearances externally it looks great, I just don't have room for it in the safe. He's got a great track record as far as the guns go, just not so much when it comes to business practices.

Did Chris quit doing good work or just have bad business practices? I've yet to hear anything negative about his work whether it be day 1 or the last day he was in business.

No, Chris decided to screw a lot of would be custom rifle owners out of thousands of dollars only to file chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. He kept the money and a ton of customer supplied parts.

Any one else want to chime in on the ranting and venting? I gotta go load a few 6.5 rounds before I get too sleepy.

You waited so long for rifle, you probably filled the niche. Now you have one for sale, not your fault, it does look like a nice rifle. But if I was one of the guys taken, they may like it, but who wants to buy a rifle twice.

You waited so long for rifle, you probably filled the niche. Now you have one for sale, not your fault, it does look like a nice rifle. But if I was one of the guys taken, they may like it, but who wants to buy a rifle twice.

Either it will sell, or it won't.

Do you guys think I would be better off going ahead and doing a barrel break in and shooting some groups just to prove that it's a shooter?

I believe I saw rifles he made on a article in 6br site, and that held great interest for me. I think the rifle will sell, and shoot

For 3350.00 with the components it's built up with it's worth it. As long as the guy didn't totally screw up the smithing it should be OK. I'd risk the 3350.00 on it, as long as it's unfired, Not being familiar with this sight and usually buying stuff off of GB gun) help me through the process here. Ican get a FFL to Your FFL no problem. I'm in Nebraska and assume you are in Texas.

For 3350.00 with the components it's built up with it's worth it. As long as the guy didn't totally screw up the smithing it should be OK. I'd risk the 3350.00 on it, as long as it's unfired, Not being familiar with this sight and usually buying stuff off of GB gun) help me through the process here. Ican get a FFL to Your FFL no problem. I'm in Nebraska and assume you are in Texas.

I sent you a personal message Tom, thanks.

Rifle is sold, paid for, and shipped out!

Status
Not open for further replies.