• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sold!

alf

FOR SALE:

I have an extra new McMillan Marksman stock that needs a home.

Remington 700 right hand, short action, Woodland camo, sniper fill, .250" lug mortise, heavy varmint barrel contour inlet, machined in aluminum pillars, BDL floor plate inlet, 13 1/2" LOP, 1" Decelerator pad, and three S/S sling studs.

For those not familiar with the Marksman, here's McMillan's description:

DESCRIPTION:

The Winchester Marksman is a large stock primarily designed for bigbore competition. The Winchester Marksman makes a very good varmint stock. This classic stock doesn't have a cheekpiece, which allows it to be shot either right or left-handed. It will accept all Model 70 actions, as well as Remington 700, 721, 722, 788 or 40X. It is available as a blind magazine, a hinged floorplate, or as a single shot using an ADL trigger guard. It is available with texture on the pistol grip and forend. It will accept up to a #8 contour.

Also, the Marksman's forend is a twin to the A-5, as they "borrowed" the forend dimensions from the Marksman. This is my favorite plinking/LR playing/ prairie dog stock, noted by the dozen or so others I have and/or have had.

$550.00 shipped priority mail in the US only.

No trades, no PP, payment by USPS money order please.

Re: FS McMillan Marksman Stock

Don't let the heavy varmint barrel contour inlet scare you. I originally laid a Krieger #17 HV barrel in the stock is why I stated it was a HV inlet. In reality, there's virtually no meaningful difference between a HV, MTU, AMU, M24, or M40 contours, as they're all a straight taper.

This is a Rock MTU contour laid in the barrel channel: