• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD** WTS - Bell & Carlson Medalist Stock for Vanguard S1 or S2/Howa Long Action

GOCougs3006

I have a slightly used Bell & Carlson Medalist stock (only used for two seasons). Inlet for Weatherby Vanguard/ Howa 1500 long action rifles with factory sporter contour barrels. I had a Vanguard S2 .300 Win Mag bedded in this stock, but just sold the rifle with the factory stock. Any Howa/Vaguard LA should fit right into the bedded stock. It will be a tight fit, but that's the purpose of bedding. I also removed the front pressure point in order to free float the barrel. Stocky's has these on sale right now for $264 +shipping. I'm asking $225 TYD. Also, If someone is interested I am willing to re-bed your rifle into the stock for an additional $50. This would include the removal of the old bedding and re-bedding your action into the stock. Located in Spokane, WA.

Here is what Stocky's has to say about the stock:

Bell & Carlson makes this stock for Weatherby. In other words it is the OEM stock Weatherby offers on their entire Mark V and Vanguard line-up. Mark V owners can buy the 6963 and fit their barrel or select from available contours, your choice depending on inventory on-hand and your time requirements. Rem 700 LA owners buy the 2963 for a drop-in on sporters, fit your magnum barrel.

At a weight of 2-2 1/4 lbs. (depending on model and barrel channel) and the full length aluminum, they are ideal for extreme, hardcore hunting situations. My rifles have remained zeroed in them literally for 5+ years and thousands of miles.

As with all Medalists, Uncle Mikes™ swivel studs are included as is the beautifully fitted Pachmayr® brand Decelerator® recoil pad, arguably the best pad and studs money can buy.

nominal specs (by Stocky): weight 2lbs; o.a.l. 32"; l.o.p. 13.5"

With an aluminum skeleton running not just the length of the action but from the bottom of the grip to the forend tip (the forward swivel stud actually threads into it), these are possibly the finest aluminum-bedded hunting rifle stock on the market today, and certainly the best value. Reliable over a temperature range of -50ºF to + 140ºF and covered by a limited lifetime warranty. Warranty card is included in the box with your purchase. Drop-in fit for most standard sporters, minor barrel channel or other modification may be necessary in some cases.

Stocky's take: As you can see there's a size listed to fit just about every Weatherby, if you don't see yours there call. For older German Mark V's, you'll have to special order one with the German Weatherby Lug Modification or do the mod yourself. If you own a .378 or .460 with the extra barrel lug (take it apart and look) we can order one to fit, please call or email. In short, if it's a Weatherby we can fit it with one of these, just have to let us know up-front about any special characteristics.

Re: WTS - Bell & Carlson Medalist Stock for Vanguard/Howa Long Action

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 9

More Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 8

Great looking stock. I'm looking to trade a few thing to acquire a Vanguard S2 in either 308, 30-06, or 300 Win Mag and then upgrade to that stock in that color. I wish I had the already rifle so I could buy your stock. Good luck.

Keith

I removed the pressure points in the Medalist stock before I ever shot the rifle in the stock. I intended to do a step by step comparison to see the difference of each improvement ( bedding, free floating) etc. But I ran out of time before hunting season, so I went straight to the floated barrel and bedded action. I shot the rifle in the factory stock right before I sold it and the groups were slightly better with the Medalist stock.

Re: WTS - Bell & Carlson Medalist Stock for Vanguard S1 or S2/Howa Long Action

To clarify, this will work with a series 1 or series 2 Vanguard. I have both series and put them both in the stock to confirm both fit perfect.

Re: WTS - Bell & Carlson Medalist Stock for Vanguard S1 or S2/Howa Long Action

SPF per our pm's