• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD** Weatherby Vanguard S2 - .300 Win Mag

GOCougs3006

2012 Weatherby Vanguard S2 in .300 Winchester Magnum. Blued/Synthetic with 24" barrel. I am the original owner. Round count is somewhere between 75 and 100. Never abused and always thoroughly cleaned after range trips and hunting trips. I would grade the bore at 95+% and the outer metal 90%. There are two blemishes on the outside of the barrel. The only reason I am selling this is I recently upgraded to a semi-custom .300 Win (using the same action) with a heavier/longer barrel. I currently own 4 Vanguard/Howa rifles and love this action. The S2 rifles come with Weatherby's Sub-MOA guarantee. And I was able to achieve sub-MOA groups with Berger 185 Classic Hybird and 168 Nosler E-tips. This gun shoots better than I can shoot it. I never did put any factory ammo through it, but I am confident it will live up to the Sub-MOA guarantee with high level factory ammo.
Now for the extras: First, I swapped out the factory stock for a Bell and Carlson Medalist (tan w/ black web) stock. This stock has a full aluminum bedding block and I also skim bedded the recoil lug area and the rear area of the action. I also removed the pressure point from the fore-end so the barrel was fully floated. Second, I swapped out the factory trigger for a Timney 1.5-4 lb fully adjustable trigger. This trigger is awesome (although the adjustable two-stage trigger that came with the rifle is also top notch for a factory trigger). I am looking to sell this rifle with the B&C stock and Timney trigger, or as it came from the factory (the factory stock and trigger are basically brand new), or any combination.

Rifle w/ factory stock and factory two stage trigger = $450
Bell & Carlson Medalist stock with bedding and free float +$225
Timney trigger +$110
Brand new Leupold 1" rings and bases (matte black) +$30

Prices are fairly firm, but willing to negotiate.

Located in Spokane WA, but I am planning a trip to Seattle in early April. Willing to ship, but buyer to pay all associated costs.

I really want cash, but will consider full or partial trades for the following: RH bow package (adjustable draw length and in the 60-70# range), Nice insulated dog box (2 or 3 dog), varmint rifle (.243, .22-250), Sig Sauer or Kimber small frame 9mm. Let me know what you got .

Re: Weatherby Vanguard S2 - .300 Win Mag

Here are some pictures:

DSCN0606.jpg

72d669a1-c45a-4ca8-a31d-6930e1ec1df8.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg