• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD Full Custom 260AI, Defiance, Proof Research, Jewell, Banser, etc

huckjare

This rifle was built a few months ago. It has everything top of the line. Great light weight rifle. The action is a Defiance Rebel with the sheep hunter cut. This means all the metal has been shaved that can and keep the integrity of the action, including extra deep flutes and the sheep tang. The action with the bolt only weighs 1.5 lbs. It has a 26" Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel chamber in .260 AI. The stock is an ultralight Banser/high tech specialty. It only weighs 22 ounces. It has been pillar and glass bedded. The trigger is a Jewell and the bottom metal is aluminum BDL style. It has Talley lightweight 30mm rings. The gun weighs 7 pounds, before the heavy Nightforce. :) In the 2 months since it was built it has taken two deer and one elk. It shoots the 140 Bergers at 2950 all day long. Comes with 100 or so nosler brass, 50 of which are loaded as standard 260 ready to be fireformed. Set of neck dies will also be included. $3500. I will entertain trade offers, but have my sights set on a new build.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 13
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Re: Full Custom 260AI, Defiance, Proof Research, Jewell, Banser, etc

Price?

This is a very nice rifle. I have shot it and it is amazing. Someone will be getting a sweet deal! Jared is a good person to deal with.

Have had a few offers on trades for some very very nice rifles, just not what I'm after.

Seems lie it should be under 6 pounds with all the light weight stuff. Is 7 pounds with rings and bases? Post up some targets with loads and chrono speeds.

It's right on 7 pounds with rings/bases but they are Talleys so not a lot of weight there. It does have a 1" decelorator recoil pad, adds a few extra ounces. 2950 fps with a max spread of 10 fps.

question was asked, the Twist is 1 in 8. Perfect for the 140's

Price drop.... $3250. Well the .260AI strikes again. Went out with one of my buddies and he took this bull down with my rifle. That's 4 big game animals this year for the 260.

Attachments

• photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 14

Gun is amazing best handling 7 pound gun ever. Ive shot lots of ultralight s and this is a true balanced longrange light gun. I ll trade you my browning bbr.:)

Re: *PRICE DROP* Full Custom 260AI, Defiance, Proof Research, Jewell, Banser, etc

Seller is good to go... And if I've got my fact straight this build was just completed a couple months ago... Has already killed 4... Some at distance... And is offered at less than the components would cost you... It would already be sold if I hadn't just but a house... Someone is going to get a great rifle