• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **sold**FS: Ruger SR-556, Ruger's "AR15". w/extras.

xssv

For sale is a Ruger SR-556. It is the model 5912, or the "SR-556E" with the E for essentials. It is not the $1400+ one/s, but the one that is currently on sale most places for $999.

Basically it comes with the the following "essentials": full pic rail on the top, no sights, and one mag.

Of course, it is still the SR556 with the chrome-plated, 2-stage piston driven operating system, 16" forged, chrome-lined barrel, mil-spec lower, etc.

This one has an added folding fore-grip, some 45degree BUIS that are fully adjustable, and the scope and rings in the pic. It's nothing extravagent, but gets the job done. Its a 4-16x40 Centerpoint and is remarkably functional for a cheaper scope.

The reviews of this rifle are true. It is revolutionary. The system keeps all the junk from getting all over the BCG (see pics) and has an eery in-line smoothness to the action for lack of a better set of terms. Also, you can adjust it to the kind of loads/ammo you are using. You can even go on a zero setting and use the gun kinda like a bolt action. I'd just reccomend setting it on 2 and using regular ammo (55-63 grain). The videos online and instruction manual go into better detail.

I've got under 300 rounds through it and haven't had a single jam or FTE or FTF. It slings the spent cartridges straight out and not back towards lefties. I hope the last couple pics show how clean it is after 300 rounds. All I had to do was to dissassemble the BCG and wipe it down with a cotton t-shirt and some hoppes. Wasn't hazed and scraped all to heck from the heat and soot that ar's give off. In tests, guys ran 100 rounds through one as fast as possible, pulled out the BCG and held it in his hands without burning the crap out of himself. Crazy sucker.

I'm including the rifle, two mags, a 30 and a 40pmag, the BUIS, the foregrip, the scope and a carrying case that is kinda seen in the pics (nothing special--just $35 one from the gun shows.) Oh, and the really expensive carry strap, lol.

$850 plus shipping. CONUS and legal states only. Sorry CA and NY.

Attachments

• sr556 1.jpg
    sr556 1.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 7
  • sr556 2.jpg
    sr556 2.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 11
  • sr556 3.jpg
    sr556 3.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 8
  • sr556 4.jpg
    sr556 4.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 9
  • sr556 6.jpg
    sr556 6.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 8
  • sr556 7.jpg
    sr556 7.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 9
Re: FS: Ruger SR-556, Ruger's "AR15". w/extras.

I had someone ask me why it was missing the little o-ring/cylinder type rings on the shell extractor piece. The Ruger design doesn't require or have those. I had to look it up.

Sorry, not so good with AR vocabulary.

I have an Eotech 512.a65 that I can put on it instead of the scope for $300 more if someone wanted it with an eotech.

Willing to help out on shipping cost