• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD** FS: LH 340 Weatherby Mag, Magnum Research Rifle

mtrob

Left-handed 340 Weatherby Mag, Magnum Research Mountain Eagle rifle. Sako action (L691 I believe), Kreiger barrel (~23-inches), H-S Precision stock. Rifle used at the range only with about 50 shots through the barrel. The action is very smooth and the factory trigger is also very nice.

I bought this rifle new a few years ago with the intention of making it a 375 Ruger but I tried a couple boxes of factory Weatherby ammo and it liked the 250 grain load (the 200 grain clocked at over 3,200 fps but did not shoot well) so I decided to keep it. I shot a few more borrowed rounds, bought a set of dies, installed a new bolt handle and the gun has been in the safe ever since.

Will include the rings, dies and ~40 pieces of used Weatherby Brass.

$1,250 OBO shipped to your FFL. Contact Rob at 406.465.2043 for more info or additional photos.
IMG_7436.jpg

IMG_7418.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

Re: FS: LH 340 Weatherby Mag, Magnum Research Rifle

That is a great buy for a semi custom hammer!!

Why is this left handed. Son of a gun this would be gone.

PRICE DROP. Somebody should be killing elk with this rifle this fall or getting it re-barreled for next year, so how about $950 TYD (or the door of your FFL should I say). Call or text Rob 406.465.2043. Thanks.

What is the capacity of this rifle?

Weight without bipod?

Capacity is 3 + 1.

I believe the rifle weights around 8 pounds (the action is heavier then a M700) but let me put it on a scale tonight and get you a more accurate number. Rob

My kitchen scale shows just under 8.5 pounds for the rifle. Rob

Ttt. Looks like my scale runs heavy, rifle weight 8-8.25 pounds. RA

PRICE DROP: $975 To your FFL.

Call Rob at 406.465.2043