• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **Sold** Custom built Rem 700 300 Win Mag

pburton

Sale in progress....

I had this rifle built a few months ago. It is a Rem 700 that has been blue printed, fluted bolt, PTG straight bolt handle that has been timed and tig welded. PTG fluted steel firing pin. Its an S series SS action that was originally a 300 RUM. Proof Carbon Sendero Lite, 26" FL, 1:9 twist, 5/8x24 muzzle threads. APA Little bastard brake. LRI tactical recoil lug. Match chamber that has been throated for 215gr Bergers for COAL 3.7" at lands. Trigger Tech "Special" trigger. McMillan Edge Fill Game Hunter stock that I glass bedded. HS Precision detachable mag bottom metal. 4" Seekins Pic Rail. LongRifles, Inc built the barreled action. Without optics and bases, the rifle weighs right at 7lbs. I have 40 rounds through the rifle for break-in and some simple load development. So far, I am getting 2900+ fps with the 215gr and 1/2 MOA groups. I am sure that it will do better with some fine tuning. The barrel has some discoloration the last 1.5" of the carbon. LRI said it was their fault, but missed it when it shipped out. They offered to fix it, but it is purely cosmetic so I did not send it back. You cannot even feel the difference in the carbon, just visual. I have over 3K into this build, but I have another rifle just like it, so this one has to go so I can start my next project. $2400 shipped to your FFL. Optics and scope mounts are not included in the price. I might consider trades or partial trade for a custom action, optics, rifles, etc. Please PM me with any questions or offers. I'll get some pictures posted soon.

** Will consider selling the barreled action, without trigger, for $1500 shipped**

Some trade options that I may be willing to consider: rifles in 6.5 PRC, 280ai, 7SAUM (may consider others). Glass- Nightforce NSX, Swaraovski binos, Vortex Razor binos, etc. Rifle parts- custom actions, barrels, stocks

Last edited:
9914DD18-FC2C-41DA-AD7F-8058FF87F75A.jpeg95534F49-9344-4A30-8292-5FF2F286F2B7.jpeg4E982093-C749-4625-9045-7B876ABA6C52.jpeg49FF0F5A-329B-49A0-814D-1DBBC1BC27C7.jpeg

How does it feed? I a RUM that I turned into a .300 Wby and since the rails were cut for the diameter of the RUM cartridge the skinnier WBY cartridges wouldn't stay down.