• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD** Cooper Model 56 7mm STW**SOLD**

Re: FS: Cooper Model 56 7mm STW**$2700 rifle only**

Cooper's website is up to date. Cooper no longer offers the 7mm STW in a model 56. I'm not sure on the exact build date, but if you look at the picture with the shot card, it's dated 9-30-13. I bought this rifle 3-25-14. Why they don't offer it anymore is a question you would need to ask Cooper.

I seriously can't believe this rifle is still for sale! Don't you all know the quality of a Cooper? In 7 STW !!??? If I didn't have my Remy, it's not doubt I'd have this one. I already have three Coopers and they all shoot as advertised (the target!).
I do have a question though: what are you saying that you don't have ...to finish it? What needs to be done?

My plan was to send the rifle to Gunwerks, have them mount there G7 scope, and do a load development for it. To do that runs about $3500. I don't have the extra money and the next problem I have is I don't have anywhere to shoot this 1000 yards. I bought this with the intent of long rang hunting. If I can't practice a 1000 yard shoot, I'm not taking it.

Cooper use to make all their magnum calibers in the Model 56. They later figured out that the 56 action was overkill for the magnum calibers they offered. So they started putting these magnum calibers in the 52 action. This change now makes their magnum caliber more affordable. The 56's use to sell for around $2700, now their around $2200. This is without a muzzle break.
Cooper might come back with the 56 for the larger dangerous game caliber's, like the 375, 416, 458, ect.
All the model 56 synthetic stock were made by H-S Precision. The rest of the Cooper synthetic stocks are made by Bell and Carlson.

Rock Jock, thanks for the information. Appreciate it. When I bought this last year, I paid little over $3300 and another $250 for the brake. That was the cheapest I could find one new.

Cooper rifles are great shooters. The 56 action is one of the best. The 7mm STW is an excellent long range caliber. And I love the H-S Precision stocks.

All the above will make a real *** kicking rifle for someone.

Thanks bkondeff. Much appreciated.

Rifle only $2500 shipped. Everything else ha been sold.