• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sold 22 Creedmoor Hawk Hill 26" 1:7 for Impact action $620 shipped

ifgator

Hawk Hill 26inch 7 twist prefit for an Impact action. Marksman contour which is nicely balanced. < 100 rounds down the tube. Reason for selling is I've decided I want to go the 6BR route.
Free shipping within reason.
If we wanted to discuss 100 rounds of unfired Alpha brass and maybe even whidden custom dies we can talk. I'm thinking I'd like a 22 Creed maybe next year.
Shaun 2087090845

Attachments

• 20200430_102941.jpg
    20200430_102941.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 20200430_103053.jpg
    20200430_103053.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 107
I had a hard time making up my mind on what I wanted to do. I did some break in with Hornady 75 grain ELD M and I was grinning because it grouped so well. That was guessing at seating depth and powder charge. I only shot like 10 and maybe 15 max.
Then the Berger 85.5 caught my eye. I talked to Berger and they told me to do the vld seating depth before turning up the powder charge.
The .040 showed great promise but the 2nd group of 3 i was uncomfortable and hurting and crappy weather and I should have stopped and built up my rear bag. It wasn't the best. I have spinal cord disease I struggle with that can make things hard.
Then the best promise was 0.100. The 2nd group 3rd shot I pulled and it hit right where the crosshairs were when it fired. I have pics of these I'll post.
Using Vihtavuori N560.

Then I had a sniper challenge last Saturday and since they let me use a table I was able to physically do the shoot. I was out of time for development and so I used .100 and guessed at a powder charge. I loaded up 50 and shot them. They did fine. Thats the history. I realized a bench cartridge will be more of my future.
So my development is premature to come out and be a slickster making promises that I can't guarantee.
Let me track down the pics.

Thank you for the info. I am contemplating this as I have an Impact action that doesn't have a barrel at the moment. Actually it had a 22 creed barrel on it, but couldn't get it tuned the way that I wanted it. It was a 22 inch 1-7 twist throated to shoot the Hornady 88gr. ELDM's and 90gr. Sierra's.
I tried the Atlas brass, necked down Lapua 6 creed and ADG brass with no avail.
Got to the point I was putting more dollars down range than what I was gaining, so I gave up on that barrel. Guess sometimes you get a barrel that just doesn't want to cooperate. Lol
I still have my Whidden dies and brass.

I tell ya the problem is bullets holding up to be honest. I talked to a guy yesterday at bartlein and he said the key with such over bored cartridges is cleaning. Like every 30 rounds. And even jb paste patch only and not a patch on a brush like ya read about. The copper build up with some heat and that is hard on jackets. The other thing is RPM. The RPM adds stability which is important and needed with cold Temps like where I'm at in Idaho and the 8 twist becomes more marginal stability. This 22 Creedmoor is a lethal varmint rifle and so armed with all this info and this barrel this is what I would do considering the accuracy potential it's shown. At least to me. I would keep this thing clean and then I would take the heaviest bullet being the Sierra 95 grain and I would run it at about 3,000 FPS. This has the highest BC, the velocity and performance last i compared out to 800 is significantly flatter than a 28 Nosler, and running at that velocity it will be easier on the throat and should provide a longer life while protectingyou from tearingup jackets, and most importantly should provide accuracy and major lethality to whatever comes in it's path. I tell ya as I've put all of this info together and from great sources.....I would run with this barrel IF I wasn't using it to fund the 6br and if my legs didnt suck. Frankly I'm having to use some restraint as like you've said sometimes you just get a barrel that doesn't shoot. I think this has awesome potential and with the setup I described i believe it could kick some ***. The hardest thing for me is my spinal cord disease makes it so I'm more likely to be at a bench at a range instead of in the field putting the hurt on some varmints and because of that the 6br is simply better for my situation.