Solar Powered Motion Flood

So floodlight with this with cued music could just be the ticket! Thinking BeeGees "Staying Alive" would be perfect?

CD2A18FF-3D85-4461-9DD5-6EEBBC289132.jpeg

a light will NOT bother a bear, don;t care HOW bright it is
we are legally allowed to use spot lights to spot game and have countless times shined a light into a bears eyes from point blank of say from 5 ft and less to a few hundred yards, using a 1 million plus candle power light
it doesn;'t bother them!, might shortly blind them if close enough , but its not deterrent
I have a bunch of experience using several different ones at my place and hunting camp ( I actually have 4 different one's in use right now where I am at some brands last longer than others!)
the LIGHT would be nice to see what is about, but odds are like other said, the motion from the wind on branches and likes will be tripping it off often, and more it gets tripped the less battery life it will have !

another THOUGHT that might be smaller and easier and CHEAPER to set up would be a cheap drive alarm, that works off motion, same issues with false alarms( and could be worse than just a light going off and on waking you up)
, but it will give an audible alert, which MAY get a bears attention, doubt it will scare them off though!
batteries on them will last 10 times longer than the solar lights , I have them here and say without out a doubt they will last me a yr plus with a few thousand alerts
the brighter the solar lights(more lumen's) the faster they will run out of power over the night!

E fence is the ideal set up if you are worried about a bear getting into your tents and immediate area about them!
nothing will work better, but good units ain;t cheap, so keep that in mind, , if your buying spend well and get quality,. not the place to be cheap IMO! HAHA< you kind of want it to work!
and learn how to set it up correctly at home before you head off, bring extra batteries! and test ALL batteries before taking them with you! just cause they same NEW< doen't mean they are, bad ones get into NEW packages all the time!

NOW< I Also, know a few folks that spend a lot of time in remote AK( a couple are remote guides f) < and use fishing string and bells for CHEAP alerts, but that would also come down to if your a LIGHT sleeper or a deeper sleeper, on them working for you!

best advice for folks going into bear country, is learn how to be bear smart and what to do, to make your camp NOT attractive to them!
storing food and carrying it, cooking, and trash, what to do and NOT do with it!

and keep in mind many things a bear will eat you may not think of, like tooth paste and other like items

keep all that stuff away from your tents!

I don't think anybody thinks a light will spook a bear but sure does provide better target recognition and possibly acquisition. I've had bears go thru my tent just because they can. Heck, last bear went thru side of tent even though we left main fly open. Guess he/she just wasn't in mood to use entrance. Never touched anything in tent, just walked in and out. Or prob letting us know who is boss on mountain! We run a bear proof site including hygiene products at least 75 yds from tent 15' off ground. You are correct keeping a site free and clear but they can be one nosey pita if they so choose to do so.

.9% of the timeI don't think anybody thinks a light will spook a bear but sure does provide better target recognition and possibly acquisition. I've had bears go thru my tent just because they can. Heck, last bear went thru side of tent even though we left main fly open. Guess he/she just wasn't in mood to use entrance. Never touched anything in tent, just walked in and out. Or prob letting us know who is boss on mountain! We run a bear proof site including hygiene products at least 75 yds from tent 15' off ground. You are correct keeping a site free and clear but they can be one nosey pita if they so choose to do so.
I mentioned light not effecting a bear due to the post by @Pro2A , where he said the below!

. But, a high intensity light like an after market driving light powered by solar charged battery might be interesting

bears in bear safe camps are typically just a bear being a bear!

as its a fact that bears by nature have a very HIGH curiosity , more so than many other critters in the woods!
and just love to explore new things to them or there area, its nature at work(they also like to put things in there mouth to see if they can eat it too HAHA)
there not always a threat just curiosity at work!

and they just cannot help it that they are Big and powerful critters that damage things at times! even if not meaning too!

and being honest, they also are not out trying to eat or kill us 99.9 % of the time

like sharks in the oceans, we HUMANS just tend to fear things cause there MIGHT be an issue!

best advice is again, learn how to be bear smart in bear area's, knowledge is powerful stuff that can keep you safe!

e fence, is just a step up in alerting (most bears that get ZAPPED make noise) and possible prevention of conflict's by it deterring them from getting into camp!

if one can afford it, IMO, its worth having when camping in high risk bear area's!

it not perfect but it adds an extra level to safety!

We are 100% on same wavelength. They can be cool animals and I was surprised it didn't take nap on cot! Elect fences are relatively affordable since you really don't need a 5 mile rated controller. I would still get a weed burner rated one though. Little more zap. The spark can jump easier from the wire to a nice warm moist nose. Easy to deploy and only really need to watch where your "stream" goes in the dark😂. Anything hit with a weed burner will most definitely react with loud vocal reaction. I did.