Softest recoiling 20 gauge

I am very surprised no one has mentioned Mercury Recoil suppressors. I have put them into competition shotguns as well as heavy and sharp recoiling rifles like the 7 RUM that I don't want to have a brake on for hunting. They make a tremendous difference. Have one of these installed in the stock of your gun, a good Pachmeyer Decelerator or Limbsaver recoil pad, lengthen the forcing cones and port the barrel and your 12 gauge will shoot like at 410. Do those things to a good gas operated gun and you will have the softest recoiling gun you will be able to find, but even on an O/U it will make a huge difference..

iu

I have a Beretta gas gun, a 20 gauge. It is light weight, it doesn't seem to have much recoil.

I think it is close to having no recoil. however some folks have repaired shoulders and might need less. I think even with a reducer it would still be light weight. So, that might get it even closer to zero recoil and you still have the 20 gauge and could use one ounce duck loads.

Forget Benelli-- a gas gun will spread the recoil out over a longer period and thus feel less . Also the gun has to fit you. If you arent getting a good gun mount with your head up and tight against the stock it will seem like excessive recoil and by the way , you wont hit much

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.