Soft Case for Larger Rifle

Full Curl

I like to store my rifles in the safe cased in a semi-cheap soft gun case like the one I attached here (usually about 46" long +/- and not too bulky for the safe). I often transport them in the same soft gun case for short trips to the range and/or local hunting. I have hard cases when needed for rugged or airline travel.

I'm trying to find something similar to fit a larger 300rum build (28" barrel) with a large piece of glass on it. Any suggestions for a regular plain jane, decent padded soft case that would fit? Thanks for any recommendations.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 204
Why do you store them in a gun case? Even in AZ, I would be concerned about humidity building up.
Just to minimize safe rash as CVCOBRA1 mentioned. I've never had any humidity issues. I do have a few gun socks on shotguns. I guess it's always been easy to just grab the rifle in the case and be out the door.

Just had to ask. How big is your safe that you can store rifles in those soft cases?
FWIW: My safe is designed for rifles with padded holes for the barrels. Even gun socks are a problem. I always have had (20+ years) a golden rod heating stick in the bottom of the safe and never have had any sign of corrosion.

Why do you store them in a gun case? Even in AZ, I would be concerned about humidity building up.
OUCH.......major moisture traps = corrosion. If anything, use vapor inhibitor impregnated gun socks.....can be used even inside protective transport containers..... and definitely safe dehumidifying devices in the safe with proper cleaning and metal moisture protection products. Oops...posted under wrong post....intended for OP's post.

I like to store my rifles in the safe cased in a semi-cheap soft gun case like the one I attached here (usually about 46" long +/- and not too bulky for the safe). I often transport them in the same soft gun case for short trips to the range and/or local hunting. I have hard cases when needed for rugged or airline travel.

I'm trying to find something similar to fit a larger 300rum build (28" barrel) with a large piece of glass on it. Any suggestions for a regular plain jane, decent padded soft case that would fit? Thanks for any recommendations.

Check out the Allen Euro soft case. I think there built for rifles with 28-30" barrels. Thick padding and built very well. Can't remember what I paid but I bought two a few years ago. I have a few 30" rifle barrels and it's tough finding a nice soft case for longer barreled rifles. Want to say 50.00+/- ea. Also check out the Allen Velocity Tactical. Its 55" long. I own one but I think they stopped making it. Could be wrong. There pricier.

look at americanmountainsupply.com good cases & made in USA & they'll work with you for customizations!

here's a couple of the ones they made for me, the green one holds a rifle with a 30.25" barrel & tactical style stock.

Attachments

• 58596091892__6E17AD4F-A0B8-4CE5-83DC-EF1FABC081D0.JPG
    58596091892__6E17AD4F-A0B8-4CE5-83DC-EF1FABC081D0.JPG
    918.8 KB · Views: 102
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.