Soft Case for a LRH rifle??

Dennis_in_VA

Does anyone here know of a source for a padded soft case for a scoped rifle (Rem w/ 5.5-22X50 NXS) with a 30" barrel? Overall lenght about 54"-55". It would be nice to have enough room to keep the bipod attached as well.

Do I have a deal for you.

Send me an email about where in Va you live. If you are close enough I can meet you and you can look at it. The price will be right I assure you.

buff,

I have a LARGE soft case that my 30" barrel (+ Vais brake)rifle fits into. It easily fits with the 12x42x56 Nightforce scope and BR stock.

However, it is kind of thin and has a small tooth zipper. I bought it because it was the only one I could find. Do you know of a better constructed soft case for such a big rifle?

The case I have is for a 30 inch barreled gun but with a brake on my gun and a half inch extra lenght of pull the case is about an inch too short and to get the gun to fit I have to take off the muzzle brake. To protect the brake thread I then put on a Dave King crown protecter dowhackey. This is all a bunch of trouble. I was going to sell it to Dennis for $10.00 being as it is not fitting my gun correctly but he lives too far away. I would waste all of my money on gas. I bought the case before I had the gun assembled so the error is just me estimating the finished lenght of the gun.

The place I got the case from is ACE case. They have three models that might work for you. One is about $23.00 and the others are about $86.00 I am somewhat unhappy with Ace Case over a different case and if you email me I will tell you my story. It is more irritating than anything else and I still do not know what parts of the story are true and what parts are lies. I may order from them again but it will be with the full knowledge that I may be unhappy. They have had their one free mistake. The next one is the last one.

My case is also an ACE case. The tag sais "52", whatever that indicates.

Another thing that I don't like about it is that the sewn on handles are much too far back. If you hold the case by the handles the muzzle end just about hits the ground. Really DUMB.

So you know why I would sell it for $10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But only if the buyer personally tried it and was OK with what he was buying.

P.S.

There is a picture of the gun that doesn't fit up on the thread where Ackley is P.O. at Pete.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.