sock suggestions?

Winny94

Looking to see if there's a concenus sock reccomendation. Not as concerned with warmth as much as a comfortable, supportive sock well suited for the rolling hills and miles of hiking associated with elk and mulie terrain in eastern Wyoming.
Thoughts on Darn Tough?

The Cabelas brand grey socks that come in the pack of three (maybe four?) are my favorite socks. Seems the ones in the past few years don't hold up as well as the older ones but are still good just the same. As a commercial fisherman, socks are an item that can't be left to chance. Just my two cents.

Darn Tough. Call them and tell them what activity you will using the socks for, and they will tell you which one is best. If you don't like them, they will exchange them for free, even if they have been worn already. They also come with a life time forever warranty. Free replacement for any reason.

+1 on the Darn Tough socks. I have several pairs including their over-the-calf hunting and some trekking and running socks.

I can attest to the quality and lifetime guarantee on the Darn Tough socks. I've been wearing them for 13+ years and they're worth every penny.

I had two pairs of their trail running low cut socks that developed a stretch hole on the side towards the rear of the sock at a connection point that would be between the heel and ankle bone. I returned them in a manila envelope with a note and the kind folks up there in Vermont swiftly returned me two new pairs. No hassles, no drama.

That was eight years ago and the replacement socks are still going strong with regular use. No holes and no thinning.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.